Chapter 4: Piecing it all Together

Raven stands over a small table overlooking the gear the strange man had on him. All of it was entirely otherworldly for her. Also, the symbol plastered on all the items was unknown to her. Perhaps it was some new specialist force formed by Atlas, or by the White Fang. What interested her most was the blade handle, though. It confused her on how it operated, especially with the circular metal opened disc that acted as some sort of guard for the handle. She had heard him talk to himself about how it only had one use left before it broke, so she wasn't planning on trying to activate it, and it explode in her face.

She sighed as she sat down in her cushioned chair and held the handle in her hand. She was surprised by the weight of it. For an object so small, it weighed almost as much as her own sword.

Raven: "Who are you?" As she contemplated who this stranger was, Vernal, Raven's second in command, walked into her tent.

Vernal: "Mam. We might have a situation. The prisoner...well...he can't be contained."

Raven: "Where is he now?" She practically growls as she puts the blade handle on the table. Heading outside into the main camp with Vernal following.

Vernal: "Well, that's the thing he hasn't left the cage. We've tried padlocking it, but it just unlocks itself, and the door opens. They tried handcuffing him, but they fell off him. I tried knocking him out, but anyone that got close to him suddenly didn't want to. The men are starting to grow fearful of him. They call him a warlock. But at the moment, he said he'd only speak to you."

Raven and Vernal soon arrive at the holding cages to see several bandits surrounding the Inquisitor's cell. The Inquisitor was casually reading a book as he sat on a chair within the cell he was put in.

Inquisitor: "Ah! Miss Branwen a pleasure to see you. Your clan has some excellent literature to partake in. Did you need something of me?"

Raven: "What exactly are you doing? Do you not know what it means to be a prisoner?"

Inquisitor: "Oh, I know the definition of a prisoner, but to be one, I must have no chance of escaping on my own. Which I definitely can do so. But allow me to answer your next question before you ask. The reason I am not walking out of this camp at the current moment is because I need answers. Answers that you, Miss Branwen, can supply me with. If you'd be so kind."

Raven: "And why should I give you anything besides a knife through your throat?"

Inquisitor: "Because my very being intrigues you. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you've spent the last hour and a half pondering over my gear and what purpose each one has, besides the rations, of course. But I am an oddity too valuable to dispose of, a potential strength that can't be wasted, and a wealth of knowledge too essential to let anyone else have. So let us move past this "prisoner" phase and converse like intellectuals, hmm?" As he leaned back in his chair, the rest of the bandits looked toward Raven for what she'll do.

Raven: "...Fine. Follow me." She sneers as she and Vernal leave, with the Inquisitor following close behind.

After a short walk, the three enter the large command tent, the Inquisitor taking a moment to admire the personality put into the tent. Furnishings and decor befitting an outlander bandit such as Raven.

Inquisitor: "Love what you've done with the place. Homey."

Raven: "Quiet. Sit." She points to a chair positioned across the table from her. At her end sit his helmet, saber, and communicator.

Inquisitor: "I'm glad to see you haven't hurt yourself with my gear. I'd hate to see such a pretty face ruined by a mere accident."

Raven: "Flattery will only earn you an early trip to the grave. So be quiet. You wanted answers, so here's how we will handle this. You answer my questions, and I'll answer yours."