Chapter 33: The Prodigy

Kreel makes his way toward the front doors of the Schnee Manor. He had to admit not being here to kill someone was rather relaxing. This whole situation of having dinner with Willow was rather relaxing. It allowed him time to regain his bearing and plan ahead while being in lovely company.

Being let in by the staff, that sense of relaxation and calm left as he saw both Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee standing at the foot of the staircase opposite the front entrance.

Winter: "Mr. Kreel?!"

Weiss: "What is he doing here?!" Weiss instantly drew her rapier.

Kreel: "....Did I come too early?"

Weiss: "You have a lot of nerve being here. How did you get in?"

Kreel: "Uh...I was invited."

Winter: "By who?"

Willow: "Mister Kreel! You came!"

The three watch as Willow hurriedly makes her way down the staircase. She wears a beautiful purple and gold dress. Accents of white are scattered throughout the dress, but it's easily missable amongst the other dominant colors.

Willow stops before Kreel, who is somewhat stunned at both her happy expression and overall beauty. Even more stunned are Weiss and Winter, who are speechless as they watch their mother do a small twirl for Kreel to show off her dress.

Willow: "Do you like it? I didn't want to overdress, but Whitely said I should change my attire to express myself better." She was only met with stunned silence. "Kreel?"

Kreel: "Oh! Uh-...Yes...I- um...You look...gorgeous." Kreel, for the first time in a very long time, is genuinely at a loss for words.

Weiss: "Mother, you know him?!"

Willow: "Oh, of course. We met not that long ago. He's quite the charming man."

Winter: "But what about Father? And isn't something like this way too soon?"

Willow: "We can discuss this all later. Now, I believe dinner is just about ready. Shall you walk me to the dining room, Mister Kreel?"

Kreel: "Uhh...YES! Yes. Of course, Willow. But I suppose it'll have to be you who guides me there." He takes her arm under his as she giggles slightly, and she gives him a small tour of the mansion and leads him to the dining room.

Weiss: "I, CANNOT, believe this is happening."

Winter: "*sigh*...At least she's not drinking....I'll go find Whitley." She heads up the stairs leaving Weiss to ponder what Kreel had planned angrily.

Kreel, on the other hand, was busy trying to keep up with Willow, who was gossiping about all sorts of things. She talked of the new freedoms she had been given and the experiences she had been able to partake in since Jacques's death. In truth, she barely spoke of Jacques's death with any form of importance. It seemed his death was an eventuality she had been waiting for.

This new excited and happy Willow brought joy to Kreel. He had indeed grown to care and perhaps even...love Willow. He couldn't help but feel at ease. No weight of his future plans was on his shoulders. No worry of any kind, if he had any, to begin with.

Kreel: "Willow." She seemed to look toward him with a calming smile. Seemingly drawing him away from his words. "I have something to tell you. I want to tell you."

Willow: "Is this about Weiss? I know she can be rather stubborn, unfortunately, something she picked up from her father and Winter, but you both are incredibly smart. I don't doubt that you both will find common ground. Oh! We're here." She gestures for him to open the door, which he does so.