Chapter 30: Truth of the World

Kreel walks through the streets of Mantle. A slight smirk is plastered across his face as he remembers the night before. Looking at his scroll, he sees that Willow had left him her number. Passing by a set of T.V.s, he sees a news report on the recent death of Jacques Schnee. Apparently, the business tycoon had succumbed to a heart attack and passed during a party he had to mark his campaign run.

Chuckling at his handiwork, he continues down the street. Taking the scroll he had taken from Jacques, he begins to go through the scroll. Ending up finding the call he had with Arthur Watts.

Kreel(scroll message): "Happy with my handiwork?"

Arthur(scroll message): "Who is this?!"

Kreel(scroll message): "No need to worry about that. What you need to worry about is telling your mistress to meet me at these coordinates. Or you're going to be down a Fall Maiden. See you tonight." Sending the coordinates through the scroll, he crushed it and tossed it into an alley.

Taking a deep breath, he continues to walk down the street. The meeting had been set, and all he and his team had to do was make sure the meeting went according to his plan.

Eventually, arriving back at the small shady hotel that Neo had set up for the group, he returns to the small confines of the hotel room. It necessarily wasn't small, but compared to Willow's bedroom, it was tiny in comparison. As he walked into the room, he sees Adam shoot up from his seated position on the small chair.

Adam: "He's back."

Kreel: "What did I miss?" He soon finds out as Neo joyfully skips over to him with a smile as big as the sun. As Kreel rolls his eyes and opens his arms, Neo snuggles her way into hugging him.

Adam: "You sure she isn't your kid? She's practically a baby around you." Crossing his arms as Neo turns around and sticks her tongue out, causing Adam to do the same mockingly.

Kreel: "Not much, it looks like. It's good to see I can count on you two to test each other's nerves. I hope everything went well last night while I was gone."

Adam: "Speaking of last night, where the hell did you disappear to? I mean, the plan went perfectly, Jacques death is all over the news. And trust me. I've certainly enjoyed seeing that bastard get sent to hell."

Kreel: "What I did to ensure my alibi is secure is mine to disclose, but for now, we have bugger matters to take care of. Neo, is the warehouse prepared?" Neo shoots a thumbs up. "Good. Adam, I need you to dose our other guest and help me move her."

Adam: "So we're going with the exchange. You still haven't told either of us what exactly we'll be asking from them. Mind divulging it to us now?"

Kreel: "If I went about the process of explaining it, you would find it rather idiotic. So I will resort to visual education. Tonight you will see exactly what I want from Salem and her council of fools."

Adam: "And you think it's really worth Cinder? We could use her."

Kreel: "No. Cinder's ambitions are far beyond even Salem's control. Cinder will be left to decimate Salem's council with her incompetence and short-minded pursuit of power. Besides, I have no use of a Maiden if I have two competent individuals such as you and Neo." Adam huffed at the compliment but deep down felt pride knowing he was worth more than just his connection to the White Fang.

Adam: "Whatever. So when do we meet them?"

Kreel: "Hopefully tonight. At the designated spot at the designated time. So let's move." He goes to let go of Neo, but she stops him as she holds up her scroll.