Chapter 28: Dressed to Kill

The esteemed Schnee Manor is home to the long lineage of the Schnee family—one of if not the most prevalent and respected families in all of Remnant's history. The manor sits atop a large hill overlooking the city of Mantle, the symbolism of the family's higher stature than that of any other. As well as symbolizing the family's importance in the society of Atlas as a whole, being on equal height with the floating Academy that trains the kingdom's huntsmen.

The decor of the manor is alight as guests dressed in attire fitting a coronation arrive. They are being welcomed in by the practical army of servants assigned to attend to their every need. The guest all make their way into a large, decorated courtyard.

Adam(radio): "I can't believe I have to wear this idiotic suit."

Kreel: "Calm down, Adam. You only have to wear the attire long enough for me to get the job done. All you have to do is smile and play the role. Think of this as a test of controlling your emotions."

Kreel silences the personal comm unit that Neo had gotten for the three of them. He straightens his attire as he feels the transport ship he is on land. Looking at Neo, she smiles as she gives him a thumbs up. Returning the gesture, he stands up as the door opens. Stepping out onto the smooth pavement, he could help but admire the architecture that made up the manor's entrance.

Making his way into the manor, some other guests stared at him. Most likely due to his new outfit. The attire was mainly white with black accents. The sleeves were rather slim, but they didn't restrict his arm movements. The outfit itself was rather baggy, it had no armor whatsoever, but with his Total Hypnosis, the armor wasn't a necessity. All in all, he rather liked the attire. It was both comfortable, fashionable, and almost suited for combat.

Now, this had been the first time in a long time Kreel had both been in public without his mask on or without any weapon as well as being in an environment like this

Now, this had been the first time in a long time Kreel had both been in public without his mask on or without any weapon as well as being in an environment like this. The last time he could remember being in a regal party like this was when he attended the funeral and celebration for the galactic senator for Alderaan, Bail Organa.

Entering into the manor's main stairway, he could see the guest were being shown to the courtyard that was most likely behind the building. As he walked through, he could spot the shadow of a feminine figure watching from the balcony overhead. He could tell who she was, but he could certainly tell she was watching him intently.

Adam(radio): "Heads up. Ironwood's here. He's also brought his lapdog, Winter Schnee."

Kreel kept his composure. With Ironwood being here, that meant that if things got messy, they would have to find a way to escape. But with the general being here, that also meant that he would naturally draw a good amount of attention. And perhaps Kreel could also grant himself a new ally if he played his words right. Heading through the large archways that lead to the courtyard, he was met with the bright lights of the decor used for the party. Strings of lights connect to each pillar as they light up the entire courtyard. Blending into the party, he found that there was absolutely no difference between the rich in the galactic empire and the rich on this backwater planet. So it was relatively easy for Kreel to navigate through the party and through the conversations.