Chapter 18: Dark Dealings

Raven stands inside her command tent. She looks over her new armor set that Kreel had made for her. He said that the metal plating were made of a metal called Beskar. The armor took around three weeks to make as the metal was brutal to work with, but soon, she finally got her new armor.

Standing in front of a mirror with her new gear on, she hears the tent flap open as Vernal steps in

Vernal: "Mam, we have a situation. Oh! You have your new armor. You look good. Very threatening."

Raven: "Vernal. What's the problem?"

Vernal: "Salem's found us. She sent four of her followers. They're outside."

Raven: "Hmm...How did they get in? Kreel would've stopped them."

Vernal: "Well. I never said they walked in. Kreel's out at the moment, but the guards he assigned to the front gate took care of them. They're outside, bound and ready for interrogation. They seemed rather adamant that they speak to you."

Raven: "What would I do without that bloodthirsty man. Fine...Get my helmet."

Raven grabs her mask as she steps out of the tent with the said mask on. She commonly used this mask to create a sense of unease or fear for those who looked upon it. As she exits her tent, she sees the four followers of Salem have their hands bound, and we're kneeling a few feet from the tent. She recognized them: Arthur Watts, a disgraced Atlas Engineer. Emerald Sustrai, a small-time hacker. Mercury Black, an even smaller time assassin. And finally, Cinder Fall. The new Fall Maiden, as her eyes, radiated fire-like energy from them.

Watts: "Ah! Finally, someone sensible to speak to. There's been a misunderstanding. We didn't come here for open conflict. We simply came to talk." The older man tried to remain calm and collected.

Raven: "Silence!...So. Salem sends her lackeys as usual. Well, you came this far just to see little old me. So I suggest you be as convincing as possible. Or you might not make it back to see your beloved mistress."

Cinder: "Look, Raven, you know we work for Salem. You know what she can do. Imagine what she will do when she finds out you kill three of her servants and her Maiden. There won't be any place on Remnant you can hide from her. So killing us isn't going to be in your favor."

As Cinder looks up at Raven with a confident expression, that confidence shatters as she feels an immense heat suddenly appear next to her face.

Kreel: "Kill you?" He lets out a dark chuckle as he steps past Cinder. "Killing you would be too easy. No. No, I think I have some awfully creative plans for you four."

The four followers of Salem look upon the Inquisitor. His new black metal armor gleams in the sunlight. In his hand, a blade handle emitting a red beam of light. He treated it like how one would treat a sword.