4 - Basement

Lee Minho POV

Yawning whilst relaxing in the lounge, I watched the news lady ramble on about something that wasn't even important.

It was the morning after Han locked himself in the room.

It still enraged me thinking about it. Who did he think he was!? He knows I'll pay him once the deal is done yet he goes and does that the first day he is here!?

I scoffed.

Before my thoughts could wonder, Chan appeared.

"Good morning, Chris" Stretching on the spot, I watched as he made his way to the sofa where he sat next to me with a huff.

"Morning Min, you've got to go to your mother's office today, don't forget" Bangchan reminded me as he rolled his sleeves of the black shirt he was wearing to his elbows.

My mother, Lee Kyung Mi, is also a part of this business. She has her own group.

Like my father, she's well known in this community. This was due to the fact every one of her 'employees' are women.

She was the first person to have an all-women's organised crime group.

Many looked down on them at first, but she proved them all wrong over time.

She worked very hard until, eventually,  she had one of the biggest and most  famous gangs in South Korea.

Since my father was also one of the biggest and most  famous, the pair met through business when they were younger and had me.

However, they divorced soon after I was born. They were on good terms,  but they bickered a lot.

When I was old enough, I built my own group without their help to prove to all the other people in this line of work that I am strong, not because of my mother... nor my father, but because I made me strong.

However, my father died last year, and his brother, my uncle, took over the organisation. I don't know him well but it was my mothers decision to decide who gets it and since my uncle was the only family left on my fathers side, she let him take over.

"What time?" I asked, getting up from the couch.

"She asked you to be there for twelve."

Checking the time on my silver watch, I thought for a moment.

It was already 11AM, and I was dressed for the day, a plain, white, button-up shirt paired with some black bottoms.

"I'll go now since there's nothing else happening for today"

"Okay, then what should we do about Jisung?"

"He'll be staying here."

He nodded, and the pair of us headed to the underground garage to his Mercedes-Benz S-Class once we let the others know where we were going.

Chan drove down to the gates of the mansion, and after a while of driving, we made it to my mother's headquarters. Me and Chan got out of the car and walked to the entrance, turning head in the process. 

Looking around the place, it was beautifully decorated, and unsurprisingly, there were only women walking around the place.

"Ah! Mr Lee, Mr Bang, how lovely to see you both!" My mother's assistant greeted us.

"Seulgi, how's it been?" I asked as she pulled me into a hug. I've known her ever since I was a kid, and she's been very loyal to my mother.

"It's been good, thank you. Please, come this way"