11 - Hall of Fame

Han Jisung POV

The words echoed in my ears.

"...mafia gang..."

Did I hear them right?

Who am I kidding? They had guns, knives, basically anything you could think of in that stupid basement.

I should have seen this coming!

Felix even hinted at it, 'Our work is dangerous, that's why we have the weapons'.

How naive of me!

"Mr Han?"

"Oh- Sorry I was daydreaming" I forced a laugh.

Chaeyeon looked at me suspiciously, "We were told there is only 7 people in Stray Kids, so we didn't expect..."

"Are you a new member!?" Chaeryeong asked with a hint of excitement in her eyes.

"No, I'm just... staying here for a while"

I thought for a moment and I decided that this would be my only chance to find out more about Stray Kids. "Do you know much about them?"

Chaeyeon seemed to remember something and looked at her trolly of cleaning tools, "I'm sorry, Mr Han, but we should get on with our duties"

There was no way I was going to let this opportunity slip from my hands. "Let me help you then"

"Oh no, we could not allow-" Chaeyeon began, however, I interrupted her.

"Please, I'd like to help and it'd be nice to talk to someone new"

"Pretty please, Chaeyeon?" Chaeryeong begged her sister with her hands clasped together.

The oldest of the sisters sighed and sternly stated, "Fine. You two do this room whilst I start another room"

"Thank you" I smiled to her as she left, "What's first?"

"We need to strip the bed and put on clean covers"

As the pair of us worked together to take all the covers off my bed, including the pillows, we spoke for a while, mostly about Chaeryeong since I didn't want to talk about myself.

Deciding it was the right time, I brought up the same question from earlier, "So, do you know much about, you know..."

"Stray Kids? Yep, all the cleaners gossip. I also have a friend that works for them"

"Could you tell me what you know?"

Chaeryeong glanced at me with a trace of apprehension in her expression, "Will I get into trouble?"

"No," I chucked the dirty sheets on the floor before observing the other's reaction, "I, personally, would like to know more about them. I won't tell anyone"

"You don't know much about them even though you live with them?" She inquired as the pair of us continued cleaning.

"It's complicated" Looking down, I couldn't bare to think what I'd gotten myself into.

"Did you know they were a gang?"

"Yeah... I know what they do"

Guilt spread through me as I lied to the sweet girl but I can't put her off telling me in any way so if she found out I didn't know she might be scared to spread information.

"Well, Lee Know's parents are powerful people, he was practically born into this line of work, it's no wonder he's good at it." We continued to neatly make the bed with the fresh sheets we'd put on as she spoke.