28 - Connected

Lee Minho POV

"Mind if I sit this one out?" I announced to the others who were putting on their shoes at the front door.

"Why?" Chan stood up straight and questioned me with an eyebrow raised. It was the strict look he'd give us when he was about to say no to something.

Scratching the back of my head, I hesitated, "I offered to teach Jisung how to train properly..."

The others instantly looked at me with disbelief. Felix grew excited and smiled radiantly.

"Oh! Then, go ahead, Min." Chan looked surprised but soon after I broke the news, a small smile emerged in his expression.

"Have fun!" Felix cheerfully bounced out the door as he waved his hand toward me.

I nodded and witnessed as my members left, leaving me in the quiet mansion.

"Now to wake Jisung"

I made it all the way to Jisung's room door but I stood staring at it for a while. 

What the hell... why can't I just go in? It wasn't a problem before, so why now?

"Oh Minho!" A bare faced Jisung stood at the thresh hold of the bedroom door, "You startled me"

"Sorry..." I awkwardly stepped back, "I was just about to wake you up... to train."

"Oh okay. Uh, has everyone gone?" He inquired with tired eyes.

"Yes, so go get into some fitness wear."

Jisung nodded and vanished into his room. I waited for him in the hallway and thankfully he only took about five minutes.

"Ready?" I asked, sliding my phone back into my pocket. He nodded, wearing a white tank top with some black, wide-legged sweatpants. He pulled it off well.

Surprisingly, he has a great sense of style. I noticed it when he started coming out with us to business.

The pair of us ate some breakfast quickly so that we could get on with training. Jisung seemed nervous but determined when we stepped in the gym.

"Are you familiar with all of the equipment?" I voiced, collecting what I wanted to use as Jisung waited patiently behind me.

"Changbin taught me briefly but I'm still learning." He quietly replied. I nodded and wondered how you would teach someone from the start.

I thought back to how I learnt.

My dad was always working out. I watched him a lot. He was so powerful; it amazed young me. When I was twelve, he offered to show me how to work out but I wanted to fight, not do all the "boring stuff".

He'd say that if I wanted to fight, I'd have to be strong. So he refused to let me join him until I accepted that. I didn't understand him then but as I grew older, it made sense and he began helping me train my body.

He taught me all about how to become stronger in the gym but he also showed me that it's not just working out that made you strong.

I finished setting up the equipment and faced Jisung, "What do you want to do?"

His hands were clasped together behind his back as he stared at me, "What do you mean?"

"What do you want to accomplish?" I crossed my hands and tilted my head slightly, wondering what he'd answer with.

"I want to get stronger." He gave me a sharp nod, confident in what he said.

"Stronger? In what?" I added.