26 - Anonymous

Third Person POV

"HE GOT AWAY? YOU USELESS FOOLS!" He yelled furiously, kicking his chair to the floor.

His voice roared around his office room, echoing down the hall ways of the top floor.

"We're terribly sorry, Sir, but-" Furukawa bowed his head as he spoke.

"I PAID YOU BOTH FOR ONE JOB. ONE FUCKING JOB AND YOU CAN'T EVEN DO THAT"

Scales butted in, "To be fair, you are asking for a very difficult thing..."

"HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO GET ONE PERSON!?"

Picking up a lamp, he threw it past the men and it shattered onto the floor behind them.

The pair stayed silent as the man paced around his desk.

"FUCKING IDIOTS!"

He turned to them and aggressively pointed his gun toward them, "You will go fetch me that wretched little fucker THIS INSTANT"

Furukawa looked up in disbelief. There was no way they'd be able to pull that off right now. Especially with an idiot like Scales, "Give us some time, Sir, and we can-"

BANG. A piercing gunshot sliced through the air into Furukawa's chest and he fell to the ground instantly, immobile from the agony.

Scales shuddered in fear and fell to his knees, pleading, "S-Sir! I promise, I'll get Lee Know for you! I- I swear on my life!"

"If I don't have him by the end of this month you're fucking dead." The man slammed his gun on the table and grabbed the expensive bottle of whiskey.

"Yes! Thank you Sir! I promise I will not fail-"

"GET OUT" He screamed before chugging at the glass bottle.

Scales pathetically scurried to his feet and zoomed out the office.

Hekima Furukawa POV

I knew this line of work was dangerous. I knew the risks. But we were young, desperate and I'd do anything for my family. We needed the money. My wife was ill, pregnant with our first at the time.

Never have I been so thankful I kissed my girls before leaving in the early hours of the morning. My men know what to do if anything were to happen to me. I know they'll protect them but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Forgive me, my dear wife, for leaving you to raise our four daughters. For leaving you to birth our fifth child alone.

I'm sorry girls. Daddy won't be coming home.

I love you all... so much.

A single tear fell from my eye onto the cold floor.

I'm truly so sorry.

As I drew my last breath, I kept the image of all of my beautiful girls in my mind. I miss them already.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:)

what did you think of this chapter? i hope you enjoyed!