34 - My Drug

Han Jisung POV

Like every morning since the day Minho was shot, a knock pulled me out of the bad dream I was having and someone walked in.

Of course, I ignored their presence since I knew it was one of my members kindly bringing me food I refuse to touch.

I knew the drill. They'd deliver some food without speaking and I wouldn't turn around or speak to them. And then they'd leave.

I could hear the clinking of the dish as they balanced the tray of food over to my bedside table where they carefully put it down.

"Jisung"

From the second I recognised that familiar voice, I flipped around with emotionful eyes to discover Minho next to my bed.

He looked healthy despite his arm cast resting in a white sling. I was shocked, unsure what to say or do.

The feeling I felt was extremely bitter-sweet. I was elated to be close to him as it felt right yet seeing him injured because of me was awfully overwhelming.

I managed to prop myself up against the headboard and observe as quietly he stood there, seemingly examining my face.

"Lee Know" The volume of my voice was barely even a whisper and all of a sudden, there was a lump in my throat.

Not daring to look at him for a moment longer, I stared blankly out the pristine window to my right.

"I was offended when you didn't come see me." His tone showed no signs of anger, it was surprisingly calm.

"Leave," I mumbled, still trying to distract myself with the outside scenery, "You should leave."

Completely disregarding what I said, Minho invited himself to sit on my bed.

As he did, my eyelids instinctively fluttered as I felt the tears start to form steadily.

"I've heard you've not been eating again." In the corner of my eye, I could see him tilt his head, "Hm?"

"Please... leave" The weight of guilt pushed me deeper into sadness.

The longer he stayed, the harder it was to keep my composure and not let my cries escape. Regardless of my efforts, a few hot tears trickled down my cheek and as each one fell, it hurt more.

"I brought you some porridge, aren't you hungry?"

Why is he acting as if nothing happened?

"Would you like me to feed you?" Minho grabbed the silver spoon and scooped a small bite of porridge onto it, "Here"

It's my fault it even happened. I hesitated to tell the others something was up.

It's my fault Minho got shot. They were aiming for me.

The sweet smell of homemade porridge filled my nose as he held out the utensil near me. He patiently waited for me to eat but I didn't want to. I couldn't.

I felt so stupid from how sensitive I was. I feared if he said one more thing, I'd completely breakdown.

After a while of the waiting game that Minho clearly wasn't going to give in to, I spoke up with a shaky voice, "Minho"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry" I didn't look at him as my voice cracked, I was ashamed, "It's my fault. Forgive me."

He put the spoon down, "Forgive you?"

"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry" The tears finally spilt over and soaked my face like a river escaping a damn.