The Cure (Destiel)

It was the only way, the one cure for the mark.

The pure grace of an angel was the only thing that could expel the darkness.

Cas had forced Dean into the motel, knocking him out to get him to cooperate.

The reason Dean was against this method to cure the mark is that it meant Cas would die.

Cas didn't have enough left over grace to keep him alive because Metatron had stollen his grace.

When Dean opened his eyes he felt different but couldn't figure out why. Underneath him was the motel bed Cas had placed him on.

When he looked to the side Dean found Cas lying motionless on the side of the bed.

Dean rushed to the angel's side and let his hands flail around in confusion, unsure of what to do.

When Dean reached out and touched the motionless angel he began to stir.

"Cas?" Dean gasped.

The angel looked up at him with wide glassy eyes and whispered, "Dean Winchester is saved..." Then Cas weakly reached up and touched Dean's face.

"Oh my God Cas you didn't..." Dean gasped as he looked at his right arm.

All he saw was a pale faded scar on his arm in the outline of the Mark of Cain. Its power and curse had gone, but had left it's reminder behind. Something as powerful as the mark was bound to leave a scar to remind the bearer of its cold evil power.

"I love you Dean. I'm sorry." Cas whispered before his arm fell back to get floor.

The next day Sam and Dean had tears running down their faces as they gave the brave angel the hunter's funeral he deserved.

As the years passed by, the memory of Cas stayed put in Dean's mind.

The angel who had raised him from hell and stollen his heart was the very same one who gave his life so that Dean could live.

Soon after Castiel's death Dean learned that with the angel grace cure he had gained some of Castiel's angelic mojo.

On his back he had a pair of soft golden wings that only himself and other angels could see. (But he never used them not since Dean hated flying and all) If Dean really focused he could just make his wings visible to Sam for a few seconds.

Another perk of the angel grace was that he now had the ability to heal himself faster than normal. He still healed slower than angel when he got hurt, but the angel grace inside of him caused his injures to go away just a little bit sooner.

However, the one thing that Castiel's grace couldn't heal was the hole in his heart that longed for the angel. Dean wished that his angel was still beside him down on earth.

With Cas gone, Dean made it his life's mission to at least make the angels sacrifice worth it. Dean lived each days to its fullest and helped everyone he could though his heart never fully healed.

Dean hoped that one day he would get to see his beautiful blue eyed angel once again.