Sweet Shop (Sabriel)

Imagine if Sam ran a bakery:

Sam wasn't a big fan of candy, but he enjoyed the way it smelled in the store. He needed this job to help him get through college. Shortly after starting his job, Sam noticed golden haired man who frequented the store quite often.

Sam would watch the guy in wonder as he drooled over the candy.

In a strange way, Sam thought the guy was adorable. Sam could tell that he had a big heart. Just by looking into those amber eyes Sam knew that this guy's heart was sweeter than all the candy in the shop.

The two of them never spoke, but they had a mutual agreement as the guy bought candy each visit.

At first the guy would come in once a week. As months passed by, the guy started coming in more and more.
Eventually, he started coming in every day.

Still, the two never spoke, but Sam never felt like words were necessary. Apparently neither did the other guy.

One day when Dean came to visit his brother in the shop he saw the golden haired boy. Dean smirked at the way his brother and the golden haired boy acted around each other.

Before Dean left that day, he told Sammy that he should make a move on the guy.

Days passed by and Sam couldn't get his brother's suggestion out of his mind.

Finally at the end of the week, Sam snapped.
He took a deep breath and blurted, "Would you like to go out on a date with me?" The guy smiled, a bag full of candy in his hand as he said, "I thought you'd never ask."