Chapter twenty-three

A few days went by so quickly as I woke up to an odd feeling in my down below area, a long, slender object was inside. I frowned, thinking if I put anything inside last night. Deciding I didn't, I felt it move, then come out – It's Matthews' finger. I wasn't sure how to feel as his intimate part started to force its way inside. Does he know that I was asleep? What if I was still asleep? It felt wrong as he thrusted slowly, my hand instinctively pushed against his hip to stop his movements. I felt uncomfortable and slightly scared at the intrusion.

"Kat? You're awake?" Matthew asked, beginning to thrust again. My mind was pacing in shock, horror and forced acceptance. He knew I was asleep. I pulled away once again, looking down to find my pants halfway down my legs.

"What's wrong with ya?" I wanted to shout at him for the obvious reason, instead all I did was pull my pants back up and close my eyes again. "Fine, give me blue balls then." I heard Matthew stand from the bed, walking outside and closing the bedroom door. The panic flared inside my chest as I sat up. I knew I shouldn't be worrying but it felt so disgustingly wrong. I started to feel guilt for not letting him continue.

I knew Matthew would be going to the bathroom to relieve himself as I walked outside to the balcony, rolling and lighting a cigarette. My hands were shaking with disgust and shock – Is that normal? To wake up like that? I questioned myself, looking back at every time this had happened. Most of the time I was mostly awake so I didn't think much of it, thinking of it as tired-sex. Or, he would wake me by rubbing against my behind or by starting to tug at my panties.

I thought he was trying to wake me up.

So why did he ask if I was awake?

I forced myself to let it go for now, calming down to walk back inside. As I did, I passed the bathroom door – the smell was potent as I recognised it. Matthews'... I shuddered at thought, slightly sick to my stomach as I left for the bedroom.

Packing most of my clothes away I picked out an outfit for today. High-waisted black jeans – without rips, a black turtle neck to tug inside plus a gray plain shirt to go over. I knew Matthew would hate it, but I wanted to feel at least a little comfortable today. Deciding against a shower, I changed panties, swallowing when I saw the wetness on them – I felt humiliated and disgusted at the sight. Forcing the feeling away I quickly put my clothes on and brushed my hair. Applying my eyeliner and vanilla mist, I was ready for the day ahead.

"Why are you wearing two tops again?" Matthew asked, leaning against the now opened door frame. I shrugged, not wanting to look him in the eyes. "I like wearing two, it's comfortable." I replied back, fiddling with the bottom of said gray shirt.

"It looks stupid. You look like a retard." I flinched at the comment, hurt by the harshness of his tone. Is this because I gave him blue balls? "I swear you're autistic." He continued as he walked back out of the hallway. I stood still, unsure of what to do as I blinked the tears away and swallowed the lump in my throat. Breathing out, I took both tops off, picking a long sleeved black gym top of his. It's one top, so it should be fine.

"Kat, come do your breakfast!" Matthew shouted as I walked quickly to the kitchen. My fingers playing with the sleeves – unconsciously awaiting for Matthews' approval. He said nothing as he walked past me, the gray wife beater showing off his muscles. Shaking my head, I quickly made some cereal, following him back to the bedroom.

It was late afternoon when Matthew and Willow made the decision to go out for dinner, both inviting Abe and I. They decided to go to the local restaurant with a sea view, a few minutes drive from here. Willow had popped out to pick up Abe as Matthew and I prepared ourselves. He wore black straight-leg jeans with a black shirt accompanied with a trench coat. Matching his color choice I wore a black, velvet one-piece with a keyhole back, wearing a vest top underneath. I don't want my double Ds to be on show to everyone.

Willow and Abe came in moments later, wearing his deep brown shirt and tight tanned jeans with a light blue tie – his color coordination strangely mixing well together. He waved at me as I nodded back, Matthew stood behind me looking at his friend.

"You got a tie on? Help me find one." Matthew asked, both going to Willows' room. "Mum! Where's all of dads' ties?"

"Somewhere in the wardrobe. Why? Oh Matthew! Don't pull it all out now!" Willow begged, the stress showing on her round face. "I won't!" I stood by the door frame, snapping a photo of the two gentlemen unexpectedly. I smiled at the photo.

"Kat, red or blue?" Matthew asked, looking me up and down. "Red." He nodded, placing the tie around his neck and walking to me, placing a small kiss on top of my head. "You look beautiful."

I bit my lip, feeling my cheeks warm in happiness at his compliment. That's the first time he's called me beautiful. "Thank you." I replied, feeling bashful. Matthew walked over to Willow, suggesting we should leave in five minutes. I was ready so I waited out on the balcony, smoking and enjoying the relishing feeling of being called beautiful.

The drive was short to the restaurant as we all piled out of the car – not agreeing with the way Willow drove, thankful to be out. Matthew walked inside first with Abe as Willow and I sat outside, waiting for the confirmation that they had a spare table for us. With the 'OK' hand signal from Abe, we both walked inside, following them to a table in the middle of the room. Matthew sat next me as Abe took the head of the table, Willow sitting opposite her son.

Glass chandeliers covered the ceiling as wooden beams supported the interior structure, the tables nicely set out with flowers and napkins the shape of swans. It looked like an expensive version of Spoons. Tucking myself in, Matthew passed me the menu as Willow spoke to Abe. A few minutes went by as Matthew turned to me. "What do you want?" I shrugged my shoulders, humming for a moment. "Can I get the vegetarian burger and chips?" That was a no-go. Matthew furrowed his brows, looking at me with disgust. "Why would you want that? You're not vegetarian." Nodding back, I replied. "I know, but I'd like to have that instead. The beetroot burger part sounds nice."

He scoffed. "Pick something else. You're not having vegetarian crap." The waiter came over just then, asking for our orders as Matthew ordered for me. A non-spicy beef burger with chips and a spirit beverage while he ordered himself a beer and extra large bacon, cheese, onions and tomato beef burger with chips, beans and peas. After ten minutes passed, the food started arriving.

I had a strange appetite, sometimes completely despising the taste or smell of meat. Unfortunately now was one of those times as I looked at the burger in front of me, slightly repulsed at the oil that dripped from it. I swallowed, deciding to start with the chips first.

That was a wrong move.

"Why are you eating the chips first? Eat the fucking burger first." Matthew blurted out quietly. Willow thankfully came to my rescue. "Let her eat what she wants Matthew, if Kat wants the chips first then why not?"

"Because she'll waste the burger, it's a stupid way to eat." He replied, I smiled at Willow in thanks as I picked up the burger, forcing down the bites. Not wanting to argue any longer.

The tense atmosphere quickly subsided as the conversation at the table lingered to Matthews' work, him explaining the mechanics of the cars. I zoned out, not knowing what a wrench was as I continued to eat, quickly finishing the burger and most of the chips. I waited for the others to finish as we ordered the bill, swallowing our drinks and leaving.

Heading home was a tiresome experience, my eyes closing slightly with every passing minute. Something about eating meat made me feel sick and oddly tired as we arrived at the flat. Abe and Matthew continued drinking as I excused myself to quickly nap. "All you do is sleep." I decided to ignore Matthews' snide remark as I closed the bedroom door, falling onto the bed.

Fuck today.