Chapter sixty-two

Chapter sixty-two

"Kat, come on. I didn't mean to scare you, I couldn't hear you over the music." I scoffed. "Drop me off at the shop, I don't want to be in the car." He locked the doors, shaking his head.

"Kat, don't be dramatic. We're less than five minutes away. Here, I'll turn off the music and we can talk instead. I'm sorry if I scared you." He spoke sincerely, confusing me more. "Matthew, why now?" I asked, breathing heavily.

"I missed you. My family was right Kat, with you I can't cope. I need you and you need me."

Do I need you?

I lost myself needing you.

"You beat me up Matthew, you nearly killed Manya. I don't need you." I gritted out, looking at him. He sighed. "I didn't mean to, it was the drink. You were right Kat, when I drank booze I was an asshole and I took it out on you and Manya. I regret it everyday. I am sorry Kat, really."

Shit.

Don't fall for the puppy dog eyes!

"Sorry doesn't cut it, Matthew." I spoke truthfully, calming down. I bit my lip, my internal thoughts struggling to come up with a suitable option.

I was stuck.

"I know, I'll do anything Kat." I laughed bitterly. "All I wanted was for you to leave me alone, I was happy." If you're going to kill me, then get it over with. "I want to be with Gerald, but you left me no choice. You ruined my happiness for your own selfish needs."

"Kat, enough." I breathed out, chewing harshly on my bottom lip as I looked out the window, the evening was coming to an end. "You're happier with me, I know you are. He didn't love you Kat, I promise you that."

"You don't know that, Matthew."

"I do, I know because I love you. No one will ever love you as much as I do." He's never going to let me go.

"I'm never letting you go again."

I closed my eyes.

"Kat, we're home." Matthew shook my leg, opening his door to get out as I did the same, yawning. I must have fallen asleep. I walked to the front door and opened it, Matthew walked to the stairs as I walked inside the kitchen, switching the light on.

"Kat? What are you doing?" He asked, following. I pointed to the drawer. "Making a cigarette." I continued, opening the designated tobacco drawer and rolling one, lighting it on the cooker while Matthew watched.

"You can go upstairs if you want." I suggested, needing a few moments to myself as he shook his head. "It's OK, I'll wait here." I nodded, inhaling desperately for the fix.

It wasn't long before he decided to wait upstairs as I rushed to follow him. I didn't want him alone with Manya. I opened the bedroom door, allowing him inside as he sat on the bed, undressing himself and patting the empty space beside him. "Let's cuddle."

I know what a cuddle means. I internally screamed as I undressed to my pants and a shirt, crawling in beside him. His chest had grown and was more soft as I laid my head against it, disgustingly enjoying the body hair he had.

"I really missed you Kat."

I ignored him, closing my eyes again.

"Are you already asleep?" I felt his hands pull at my pants, my eyes sprinting open. "I'm awake." I answered, shuffling away from him and sitting up, wrapping my arms around my legs.

"What's the matter?" Matthew asked, leaning on his side, running his hand on my leg. "Nothing, I'm just tired." I lied.

"Kat." I looked at him, the hazel eyes I fell in love with trapping me at every gaze. "I love you."

I winced.

I don't want you too.

"You don't have to say it back, it'll take time. We'll get there." He smiled again. I really hate it when he smiles.

"I guess so."