1| 𝑴𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒚

"Girl, is that a new Gucci bag? Oh my god! It doesn't even look that good anyways

"Girl, is that a new Gucci bag? Oh my god! It doesn't even look that good anyways." My best friend Wilfred said that snarky remark venomously while eyeing the brand new handbag on my shoulder.

I could see the envy in his eyes from a mile away. He couldn't be happy for me. He was being a nasty ass, jealous ass bitch for no reason.

"You are just jealous because you cannot afford one." I said to him simply. And to add insult to injury. I dangled my designer bag in the air, taunting him.

It was expensive as fuck but I have been making a decent salary. So why not splurge on myself?

It's been five months since I have been hired as a nanny for those demon children. Apparently there has never been anyone that lasted as long as I have. I suppose no one has ever been as broke as me. Opal was thoroughly impressed with me and got me a raise.

Things between Opal and I were rocky at first. She was apprehensive about me and called me out on my shit, and she was right to do so. Now she is like an older sister to me.

"Ugh can't stand your ass. I hate you." Wilfred rolled his eyes, obviously jealous. "I ought to call your mama and tell her you're out here stripping." He huffed.

My mouth fell open at his statement. "Don't do that to that lady! You know that will make her fall over and have a heart attack." I said with a laugh.

I can picture the scenario in my head perfectly. My overdramatic, religious Haitian mother would roll on the floor if Wilfred were to tell her I'm a stripper. Then she would drag me by the hair and beat my ass for a while, then she will proceed to tell every family member about it.

Even if I were a stripper, it would be no big deal, but not in my mother's eyes. To her, it would be an abomination. She would have thought the devil got to me. It's always something about the devil.

"What club do you work at? I want to see you in action." Wilfred focused his honey-colored eyes my way.

"Boy bye!" I scoffed.

He's had a terrible attitude all day. It was tiring taking in all of his slick remarks.

We were not always like this. We have always bickered, but it was not to this extent. It's now a normal thing for us to be going at each other's necks over such arbitrary issues.

I love Wilfred dearly. I have known him since middle school. We met at a local Haitian church our mothers used to force us both to attend.

He came out to me the first day we met, and I helped him hide his secret for years. I played the distinctive role of his "girlfriend".

The second we graduated high school, Wilfred packed all of his stuff, moved out and went to college, but not before coming out of the closet.

His funky ass mom nearly had a heart attack. She acted as if Wilfred committed a mass murder. It was ridiculous. I could never tolerate the woman.