13| 𝑨𝒅𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒆

Around midnight I found myself unable to sleep

Around midnight I found myself unable to sleep. I scrolled through my messages in boredom. There was a guy I met at Kameron's birthday party. His name is Van, he's a club promoter, and he appeared to be nice. He had dark skin black skin, and we carried on a conversation, but the entire night I kept checking on Theo to see if he was okay.

Van texted me earlier this afternoon to hang out, and I agreed to meet him for dinner this weekend. Just as I was about to roll over and sleep I heard some rustling coming from the kitchen. It would be impossible for it to be one of the twins because I gave their crazy asses double the dosage of melatonin to knock their asses out.

I got up and went out to see who it was. I found Theo in the kitchen making himself a sandwich. I have not seen him all day. Something occurred between him and Minka because after they got into that shouting match in the library. By the time I attempted to sneak into the hallway and eavesdrop into their conversation, it was already over.

"Hey." Theo said to me the moment our eyes connected.

He seemed stressed out. There was something about his stance that told me that he was unraveling.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked leaning against the wall.

"Want a sandwich?" He flashed me a smile and held the bag of sourdough bread in the air.

"Sure," I responded.

I will never turn down food. Ever.

Theo made us both sandwiches, and we went out on the patio. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Theo was in an eerie mood.

"So, now that we are friends...I have a question for you." I said to Theo as I crossed my legs.

"What are you up to now Stassie?" He leaned back in his chair.

"So... I met this guy, Van, at Kameron's birthday party. He seems nice but I'm just trying to get a second opinion. What's up with him?" I asked leaning forward.

To be truly honest. I am still traumatized by how things went down between me and Ahmad. I'm going to catch that stupid bitch in the street one of these days. I just have to.

"Are we talking about Van Howard?" Theo's lips curved into a playful smile.

"Yeah, him, he asked me out on a date." I whipped my hair back, and Theo gawked at me.

"You are not good at this." He smirked.

My mouth fell open. "Why would you say that?" I pouted.

"Well, you didn't hear this from me but Van is married with a child on the way. His wife seems nice although I think she's clueless about his infidelity." He said before bursting out in laughter.

WHAT THE FUCK!

"I hate men," I said seriously.

"So you are not going to go for it?" Theo leaned forward. "He has everything you are looking for."