35| 𝑪𝒉𝒐𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆

*** THE BEST CHAPTER FOR LAST BECAUSE WHEN I TELL YOU IT TOOK ME SOOOO LONG TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER BECAUSE I JUST KEPT ON LAUGHING. I AM GOING TO MISS STASSIE***

"Hey Mommy," I said as my mom entered the kitchen

She wore her light blue nightgown, and her hair was in rollers.

She stared at Charlie and Murphy, confused. It's not every day you wake up to find two little, rich white boys in the kitchen.

"What is going on Stassie?" My mom asked me.

She hasn't been trusting of me lately, and I don't really blame her.

"This is Charlie and Murphy. These are the kids I was watching." I answered.

My mom looked at them and placed her hand on her hip. "What are you two doing here at this time of night?" She asked them in her broken English.

"We want Stassie back," Charlie announced in an authoritative tone. It tugged at my heartstrings. The immense pain was unbearable. I felt like a needle piercing in my eyeball each time I told them no.

The crazy boys snuck out of their house, took a bus here, and have been pleading with me to come back. I felt awful, but what Josh and Minka have going on is a shit show. I needed to clear my head from that circus.

"I'm hungry." Murphy sighed.

That set alarms in my mom. If there is one thing that my mom could not stand by and watch is a child being hungry in her presence. Without saying another word, she hurried to the fridge and began preparing food for Murphy.

"You guys, I have to take you home," I said again.

"Stassie, please!" Charlie begged.

I looked over at Murphy. He's usually the most vocal one out of the two. He sat there quietly. His eyes were sunken in, and his skin was pale. I reached over and placed my hand on his face. He peered up at me and gave me a weak smile. It was killing me seeing him this way. This is by far the worst I've seen him.

My mom placed a plate of rice and fried fish in front of him, and he immediately began to devour it. After a couple of bites, he began to throw up. I looked over at my mom. She looked just as worried as me.

"Murphy, baby, are you okay?" I asked him.

He glared at me with his dull eyes, and I almost burst into tears. I was terrified. I was taking him to the emergency room. Something was wrong with Murphy. I will stop at nothing until I find out.

I went into Amelia's room and grabbed a blanket. His red shirt was damp. I wrapped his tiny body around with the blanket. He was drenched in sweat. I tried to remain calm, but my mind began to jumble all over the place. Thankfully Murphy didn't put up as much of a fight as the last time, but truthfully, I don't think he had the energy.