19| 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒓

"You seem to be in a good mood

"You seem to be in a good mood." Josh grinned at me as he entered the kitchen.

I peeked up to see my brother with a refreshing smile on his face. He was dressed in his all black business suit. He held a tight grip on the custom-made black briefcase. Having received it from his twins' mother before she passed away, it is one of his last gifts from her. It holds a lot of sentimental value. He doesn't go anywhere without it.

With all of that, Josh appeared to have a slightly uneasy demeanor to him. He received an urgent phone call this last night from one of his partners about a potential leak about one of his clients. There is an upcoming project he is working on and he has to attend an emergency meeting in New York with the shareholders of his company. He will be gone for the next couple of days.

I stretched out my arms and let out a yawn. I was well rested and I had a great nights sleep. Josh was right. I was in a particularly good mood this morning. I got Stassie just where I wanted her, hot and bothered. I got my payback tenfold. It took everything out of me not to laugh at her when she stomped out of my room. She was practically in tears. Did I feel bad? No. After what she did. Fuck her.

"I had a pretty good sleep," I smirked. "When are you coming back from your trip?" I asked Josh casually.

"I should be back by Friday night." He answered. "Also, I asked Minka if she wanted to come with me, but she decided to stay behind. If you can, can you keep her company? The staff doesn't really respond well to her, and I know you two share a great bond. I just don't want her to become lonely." Josh gave me a genuine smile.

I swallowed hard. Josh is such a noble guy. Despite everything that has transpired the past couple of days, he is concerned about Minka's comfort. I don't know how I'm even able to look him in the eye after what I have done to him. He does not deserve this. I will never forgive myself.

I slowly nodded my head, assuring Josh that I will look after his cunt of a wife while he is away. Truly, I'm going to do everything I can to stay as far away from her as possible. But he doesn't have to know.

"Thanks, Theo, truly I mean it. I appreciate you being there for me when I needed someone to talk to."

I could tell that he is over his head with the Minka situation. The information he disclosed to me is shocking to say the least.

"Well, it looks like I have to go. Let me know if you need anything." Josh said before walking out of the kitchen.

I sat in the kitchen and finished my breakfast. After I was done, I walked into my bedroom and scrolled through my phone. Charlene bombarded me with an obscene amount of nude pics of herself. I'm certain she is merely trying to hook up with me while I'm here. I have done some stupid shit the past couple of months, but I'm putting a stop to it. Fucking Charlene would be insane.

My eyes roamed through the pictures she sent me. I am a man after all. She still looked good, but honestly, she had nothing on Stassie. If I didn't have anything to prove last night, I'm sure we would have sex last night.