5| 𝑾𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒉

"Congratulations!" Minka said to her husband, who was standing there with a gigantic smile painted on his face

She leaned in and planted a big kiss on his lips. It's the first affectionate moment I have seen between the two in the months I have worked here. Without a shadow of a doubt it was easy to see that she was more excited about this "glorious" news than him. I couldn't even blame her. She is now a wife to one of the wealthiest men in the country. Apparently, Mr. Roman sealed a $100 billion deal, so that means he just catapulted himself into another branch of wealth.

I should ask for a raise. No, I AM going to ask for a raise.

Theo was in the corner with a scowl on his face. He was spewing out this dark energy that was unsettling and shifting the emotions in the room. Josh appeared completely clueless about the obvious jealousy that was exuding out of his younger brother. It was so insufferable. I looked over at Opal and we both exchanged a look.

My eyes circled the room, and I giggled to myself as I read the different emotions circulating around. It was easy to spot the hostility coming from Theo.

Minka and I made eye contact for a couple of seconds. She turned away, but I continued to watch her.

Game sees game. I can spot precisely what type of girl Minka is from a mile away. She is probably a few years older than me, maybe 27 or 28. Despite what I think about her, it does not take away from her beauty. Truthfully, the woman is beautiful. I can't take that from her. She does a lot to upkeep with herself. She does her nails and hair every week. She's into fitness and she's physically in shape. Her toned body reflects that. She only wears designer brands and drives the latest cars.

Mr. Roman is 42 years old. He isn't an ugly man, but he's average at best. It still strikes me as odd that he's related to Theo, who is very attractive. Minka is way out of Mr. Roman's league. By a long shot. This woman is not in this relationship for love like she claims. She is a cold-hearted gold digger. Mr. Roman is a big name in the entertainment industry. He is the lawyer that gets shit done.

It's obvious to see that Theo is hopelessly in love with Minka. Yet I don't think she is into him as much as he thinks she is. I don't see how they both don't see that they are both a ploy in her plan.

As I think more and more on it, it's truly a fucked up dynamic they got going on. I'm a lot of things, I own it, but Theo sleeping with his brother's wife is shameful in my book. If you will screw over your family, what line will you not cross?

I have a younger sister myself. Her name is Amelia, she's fourteen, and she is my favorite human being on this godforsaken planet. I would do nothing to hurt her. I would kill for her. I know in my mind if it really came down to it, I would actually kill for her.

"We should celebrate. Why are you just standing there?" Minka pierced her eyes at me. "Go grab us some champagne. We have to celebrate." She ordered me.