6| 𝑮𝒖𝒊𝒍𝒕

"Congratulations Joshua, I'm so proud of you son

"Congratulations Joshua, I'm so proud of you son." Our overtly enthusiastic father pulled him into a tight hug.

I observed him from a distance. I leaned against the wall with my hands in my pocket. His gruff voice was still the same, and he still had that loud laugh. He's gained a bit of weight in the two years I haven't seen him. His face has aged as well. The side of his hair was graying, and he has fine lines around his mouth and his forehead. As for my mom. She still looked the same. Her auburn hair fell down her shoulders, and she wore a light blue dress that mirrored her eyes. She was as beautiful as ever.

She placed a tender kiss on Josh's cheek. Our mom and dad flew in from Seattle to attend this ridiculous party for their golden child who just made a shit ton of money. Was I jealous? Yes.

Both my parents are highly successful entrepreneurs. My mom is the CEO of a popular cosmetic line, and my dad is the owner of a private jet company.

They have tried to instill the same work ethic into me as they did with Josh, but we are just two different people. I never said it out loud, but I loathe working. I detest the aspect of wasting so many hours out of the day doing a job just for money, which my family has plenty of. It's a never-ending cycle of greed.

Josh always gets everything he wants. He has the houses, and he has the cars. He has Minka.

My emotions were in disarray whenever I think about the fact that he has her as his wife. It's not fair. Nothing about this is fair. He does not deserve her.

I attempted to walk in my brother's shoes and go to law school, but I hated it. I hated everything about the university I went to. When I graduated with my bachelor's, and it was time to apply to law schools, I knew at that moment that it was not worth it putting myself through so much turmoil. To the disappointment of my parents, I decided to go on my own path.

I just thought it would be a waste of money. School is not for everyone. It definitely wasn't for me. I made the very easy decision and dropped out of law school. I have been doing my thing ever since.

I don't make as much money as Josh probably never will. I invested all my money with Kameron to open up a shop. We plan on dealing with luxury cars. Hopefully, it makes a decent living because currently, I'm broke. I know for a fact my parents look down on me because of it.

Both my parents gasped when the twins walked in with their nanny. To my surprise, for a brief moment, the nanny grabbed my attention. It probably has a lot to do with what she was wearing. She wore a gold sequin gown that went against her dark skin nicely, and her hair was in a high ponytail. She was glowing.

I have eyes. I would be lying if I said the girl isn't a very attractive girl, but she is an awful human being who blackmailed me into telling Josh that I, in fact, did not see her in the club and that I was drunk. He scolded me for an hour after that. I was fucking furious, but my back was against the wall. That girl would for sure air me out and let me out to dry. I had no choice.