help from the pogues

—

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Luca grunted as he helped his father move things around the yard. While the family was wealthy enough to pay someone to do the chores for them, the Antonio family felt as though things wouldn't be done right if they hadn't done it themselves. Though there were a still few people Luca didn't really recognized who were helping them prepare for the storm coming.

His eyes squint as he locks eyes on a group of boys he grew familiar with.

The pogues.

Specifically, John B, JJ, and Pope.

Stopping his work, he catches the attention of his father, the man huffing as he noticed his son getting distracted.

Mark Antonio practically jumped for joy at the sight of the three teenage boys.

Calling out for his wife, who had pre-ordered groceries from the Heyward family's store, which explained Pope's reasoning for being here.

Luca couldn't help but frown in confusion as to why the other two boys were there.

"Luca!"

His attention falls onto his father, the man waving a hand over, signaling for him to meet him.

Sighing in annoyance, the boy wipes his hands against his pants, allowing himself to stand up and make his way to the three.

He sends an unsure look towards John B, before respectfully nodding in the direction of JJ, earning the same in return.

"JJ and John B here are gonna help up get this place set up. JJ's gonna help you, while John ties up the boats, don't want those things floatin' away." Mark explains to his son, having to glance up slightly, silently cursing the minor height difference the two shared.

Even if he didn't agree with his father, Luca knew better than to voice his concerns of letting John B near their boats. While JJ was a known kleptomaniac, for some odd reason Luca couldn't find it in himself to trust the Routledge boy. He'd thought he'd feel better knowing that John B also helped the Cameron family tie up the druthers, but he knew how that family tended to ignore the obvious.

Letting out what felt like his twentieth sigh of the day, Luca sends a nod to his father, silently gesturing for the blonde Maybank to follow him while his dad walked off with John B.

"Hey." JJ starts, and from the way he said it, Luca knew a question was following, "Does your mom always order that much lemonade, or is it a special occasion?"