nightly shenanigans

—

Jumping out of the twinkie, Kirsten wasted zero time in running into her family's restaurant. Not only did she know she was going to get in trouble for not staying with her sister, but she knew she was going to get in trouble for not going home. Her main focus, however, was convincing her sister to come along with them.

"Where the hell have you been?"

She winced at the tone but silently thanks God himself for the person being her sister rather than her parents.

"On a mission. Which reminds me..." She starts, "We need you to come with us."

"Is John B going?" Kiara asks, continuing to move around the area, her sister following behind her.

The eldest face falls, "Why wouldn't he be?"

"Then i'm not going." She decides, brushing past her twin to help a costumer.

Kirsten freezes, "Why not?"

Kiara isn't given a chance to respond when the doors open and Evelynn is seen running through. The twins gasp when the girl grabs their wrists a pulls them off to the side.

"You let that weirdo kiss you?!"

Kirsten's head jerks back, "Excuse me?"

"He told you?!"

"I figured it out. Just because i'm not listening doesn't mean i'm not paying attention." The Connor girl harshly whispers back.

"That makes absolutely no sense." Kirsten says, glancing between be two with narrowed eyes.

"It makes perfect sense." Evelynn shrugs, turning to youngest twin, "So, you little assholes preach 'no pogue on pogue macking' and yet you're making out?"

She wasn't saying this for herself, but for Kirsten. She knew that her friend would be the last person to break the rule, so she figured that if someone else was going it, then maybe Kirsten would take her opportunity to make a move on JJ.

"I pulled away." Kie promised, "It didn't feel right. I didn't want to be rude, but his kisses aren't..."

"Good?" Her sister suggested, watching as the girl struggled to find the best wording.

Kie sighs in agreement, glancing around awkwardly, raising her hands to adjust the wrap on her head. The girl is startled by the sound of Evelynn's obnoxious laughter.

"There is no way!"

Kie sighs, sending apologetic looks to the customers who try to enjoy their food,

"Evelynn, please."

•••

After being banished back to the van, Evelynn and Kirsten watched as John B unbuckled his seatbelt, preparing to go talk with Kiara.