kook party

—

Evelynn had been embarrassed at least five times in her sixteen years of living, nothing too serious. Maybe a small trip in public that she dramatized into a full on tumble, but never anything detrimental to her reputation.

And while she had brushed off and mostly forgotten all of those moments, she knew she would never recover from the embarrassment of having to run away because her guys friends were morons.

The boys had gotten caught, for the most part. They were currently getting chased by a dog, Tebow, or whatever the man called him. Evelynn didn't know, nor did she care, she was more focused on getting out before she got arrested.

What made things harder was when Kirsten heard JJ's shouts and tried to run off to go help him. Kie wouldn't let her, gripping her sisters wrist and practically shoving her into the car.

"They'll be fine! Get in!"

Kirsten looked out the window in worry, sighing in relief as she spotted Pope, quickly opening the door so he could get in the backseat with her. Kie drove the car outside the gate, fully prepared to drive off as soon as they saw John B and JJ were okay.

She nearly cried tears of happiness when she saw JJ walk up to them with a smirk, gesturing that he'd be in the twinkie. The oldest Carrera immediately noticed the redness in his cheeks and the tears in his eyes, wondering what had happened.

She didn't have time to question it out loud, however, feeling herself jerk forward as her sister pressed on the gas, whispering a 'finally'. She could only assume that John B had made it out safely.

•••

He didn't know what he was doing.

He was risking a lot, actually. But Luca couldn't handle being lost in his thoughts anymore. He couldn't call, or text, Evelynn to find out where she was and he didn't want to search the entire Island to come home empty handed.

After getting a text from an old classmate, practically begging him to come to the party that the kooks were throwing, he couldn't turn it down.

It felt weird going to a party surrounded by people that he distanced himself from. It was even weirder that he was seen walking in without Evelynn by his side.

His bored eyes trailed over the room, silently observing the drunk and overly high teenagers around him.

It didn't take long before he spotted his old bestfriend wearing a salmon colored shirt and walking towards him.

"Luca! How you been, man?"

"I'm fine, Rafe." The Antonio responded, voice low as he realized he didn't really want to talk to him. He had came for some sort of entertainment, something to cure him of his own personal thoughts. He didn't come here to be lured into doing drugs.