peanut gallery

—

Cramped into the back of John B's rusty, smelly van was not where Luca wanted to be at the moment, but he did it for Evelynn, who was doing it for Kirsten, who in turn, was going it for JJ.

If the twinkie didn't smell like moldy socks and weed, there probably wouldn't be much of a problem. It didn't help that the shirt he was wearing felt tight with the position he was sat in.

Like normal, his arm was pushing Evelynn closer to him, but his left arm was caught in between himself and Pope. The Heyward wasn't really at fault since he was suck in between Luca and Kirsten, but the Antonio was still ridiculously uncomfortable.

"All right."

"Hit it, boys! We're goin'. Recon mission." JJ tapped at the seats, moving back so Kirsten can move in front of him. He stopped her with a hand on her waist when John B started talking.

"Yo, uh... so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself... tonight."

The sound of thunder rumbling filled the silence as the six sweaty teens stared at him in disbelief.

"Really?" JJ scoffed, grunting as he sat himself back down.

"What?"

"Nothin'." The Maybank brushed him off.

"The hell you mean, 'what'?" Evelynn nearly snapped.

"I don't want to spook Sarah with the peanut gallery." John told them.

Kirsten's face was still in shock as he looked genuinely confused on why they were so upset.

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all."

Kirsten threw her head back in annoyance, "Let it die, Kiara."

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay? It's... it's just, uh, like a... a business meeting... thing."

JJ mocked an action, earning a chuckle from the boys and playful eye rolls from the girls.

He huffed at their blank faces, "Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right? Plus, we need the map."

Luca cleared his throat, using this time adjust his seating, frowning as Evelynn pulled away from him to give him space to move around.

"Promise me nothing's happening between you." Kiara spoke softly, lips turning downwards.

Evelynn rolled her eyes. Literally anyone could have convinced her they were together if they whined at each other like John B and Kiara did. It's exhausting at this point.

"Nothing is happening, Kie."

"I'm being serious."

"Okay!" He snapped.

"This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude, she's gonna get inside your head. Just promise me nothing's happening between you guys."