relationship advice

—

"Good morning, Lori!"

The woman perked up at the sound of Evelynn's voice, dropping the fruit she was cutting and running up to the girl with an excited squeal.

"Evelynn! I've missed you!"

The girl laughs, tightening her arms around the woman, "I missed you too. We saw each other like two days ago."

"Doesn't mean I can't miss my future daughter in law."

Evelynn could only smile.

She was used to the woman saying things like that. She felt like it was better hearing it from her that she'd marry Luca, then hearing from her own mom that she was to marry someone she didn't even know the last name of. She truly couldn't see herself dating Kelce, the thought actually made her want to vomit.

"Is Luca here?"

"He's upstairs." The woman smiled, pulling away from the hug, running her hands down the girls arms, "He's a bit grouchy, but I think that's because he misses you."

"I would miss me too."

Lori laughed, gesturing for the girl to go upstairs. With that, she made her journey to the room she's been to more times than she can count.

Knocking on his door, she heard a muffled 'come in'.

She barely got the door open before Luca jumped up from his bed and pulled her into a hug.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"On a mission." She smiled, taking his hand to sit him back down on the bed, "We robbed someone yesterday."

Luca paused, "Robbed? As in...stealing."

"That's what robbing means—"

"Did you get caught?"

"I wouldn't be here is we did." She deadpanned.

"Evelynn, your mom—"

"Doesn't know." She brushed off his concern, "And I didn't actually commit the crime, Jonathan did."

"You were there, Ev, you're an accomplice."

She twisted the rings on his hand, "Not technically. I didn't want to do it anyway."

"That doesn't matter, Evelynn, you could still get in serious trouble."

The brunette winced, "Then you're not gonna like what i'm about to tell you."

The Antonio huffed, laying back on his bed, abs flexing as he did so, Evelynn struggled to stay focused, "What is it?"

"You know I love you, right?"

His blue eyes traveled to her, "Yes. And I love you more."

"Do you love me enough to come help us work the item we stole to help find Johnathan's missing treasure?"