deny, deny, deny

—

Kirsten watched as her friends argued.

The girl was beginning to grow agitated with all the yelling. It didn't help that John B, Luca and Evelynn weren't doing anything to help.

She knew she couldn't stop the other three from fighting on her own, and they just didn't seem to care.

"It's not there." John B sighs, "Look, just... just pull the drone up."

Thunder rumbled, the sound freaking Evelynn out. She had never been a fan of the rain, it didn't help that they were in the middle of the ocean, in fact, it made her even more nervous.

"Shit."

"Look, we can do another pass. recharge the battery.We can—we can go back down." Pope tried, his words getting different reactions.

Kirsten stood from her spot on the floor, walking towards the section where JJ stood.

"We've done it three times. There's nothing there."

"Shut up!" Kiara snapped, her sister glaring at her attitude.

"What? It's true!"

"Arguing won't make anything better!" Kirsten tried to speak, Pope pointing at her in agreement.

"The gold could be buried. We don't know."

"If it was there, it would've been found on the metal detector, okay? Somebody beat us to it." John B said.

It been silent for a moment, no one really knowing what to say. Some keeping their honest opinions to themselves, others just wanted to go home and forget they even came here. JJ happened to be feeling both,

"Or it was never there."

•••

After everything that happened with not finding the royal merchant, Kirsten had spent the rest of her day with Evelynn and Luca.

It was meant to just be a day with her best friend, but Luca didn't seem like he wanted to leave the girls side, which she wasn't really bothered about.

The group of three were on the front porch of Elizabeth Connor's house, the older woman more than happy to let them relax there, even offering to bake them cookies while they gossiped outside. She came by once in a while to check on them, sometimes giving input on whatever they were talking about.