pray

—

"Wake up, losers!"

JJ turned his attention from one specific curl in Kirsten's hair to the door where Evelynn and Luca stood.

"You're alright?" Pope sprung up, looking at Luca, the teen nodding at him.

"All good over here, man. I told you it was just a graze." The Antonio teen chuckled out.

Evelynn hit his chest with the back of her hand, "Shut up."

She walked over to the table where JJ and Kirsten laid, the girl sleeping peacefully on his chest, "Is she okay?"

"Aside from internally freaking out last night? Yeah, she's all good. She'll be better knowing you're here."

"And you?" She kicked his leg as she hopped up on the table.

"I'm alright." JJ pressed his lips together. She gave him a look that made him sigh, "Going back to my house today."

"Why?"

"Need a boat, The Phantom. We talked about it yesterday but you were focused on Luca. We're getting John B out of here. Speaking of—" He cut himself off, "He's pinched for sure, man."

"That's not the attitude to have." Kirsten sat up, rubbing her eyes of any sleep she got.

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." Pope said as they all began walking towards him and Luca.

"Let's hope."

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us, too."

"Speaking of looking for people..." Kirsten started, looking at Luca with pursed lips, "They're convinced John B attempted to murder you and then kidnapped you."

Luca's face fell, his bored eyes traveling to the girl,

"...What?"

Pope cleared his throat, "Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B."

"So, find him before they do?"

"No shit." Evelynn scoffed, "Also... Grandma Lizzie and Lori are on our side and willing to help."

Kiara sat up, "You told them?!"

"Kie—shut up."

"This is good." Pope started, "This is a good thing."

"How?"

"Because it's two more people who believe John B didn't do anything, Kiara. Keep up." Kirsten spoke at her in annoyance.