course of stupidity

—

"So...."

"So?"

"So what?"

"Jesus Christ. Just ask." Evelynn spits out, looking at the three teens who are sat directly in front of her.

"How's this Luca you speak so highly of?"

"Pope, she's never spoken a word about him to you." Kiara says with a frown.

Pope sighs, "That's the whole problem. I went to his house yesterday, nice mom, really sweet."

"Yeah, Lori's an angel."

"You're on a first name basis with his mother?"

The twins watch in amusement as Pope interrogates the girl.

"Yeah."

"How come you never speak about him with me?"

Evelynn hesitates to answer, he notices it. Scoffing in offense, he turns his attention to the Carrera's.

"Does she talk about him with you?"

"She does." Kirsten said, a smug look making its way across her face.

"Why not me?"

"Cause you're a guy, Pope." Kiara admits, making sure to keep watch.

"So what? I would still like to be, you know, in the loop."

"Cops." Kirsten cuts in before anyone can respond.

"Shit. Call them." Kiara says.

"I can't. Towers are down." Pope shakes his head.

"Oh god." Kirsten groans.

"If I lose my merit scholarship, I'm gonna kill someone."

Kirsten ignores the Heyward's complaints. Her only thoughts are on the Maybank boy who's locked in a room, completely unaware of the police officers walking towards him.

•••

"Punching shit at random. That will... definitely work." JJ speaks, getting nothing in response. He looks around the room in hopes he'll find something entertain himself.

"I don't know. I don't know about the second one." The Maybank starts mumbling to himself as he looks around the room. "Wait. My cousin said you could catch swordfish here."

As JJ continues to ramble about his cousin and the best surf spot to take Kirsten, John B finds himself nearly gasping in surprise at the sight in front of him.