the office

—

Evelynn launched herself on Luca's bed, successfully starling the boy awake. His tired groan echoed around the room as he wrapped his arms around her waist to bring her down with him.

"Why are you here so early?" His muffled voice asked.

Evelynn smiles at the sound, "We're going on a trip."

His face scrunches, "Where?"

"No where far." She starts, "I'm taking you to Johnathan's house. We kind of need help with something... if you don't mind."

"You know I don't mind helping you. What do you need?"

"I actually don't know."

JJ had explained to the group, after getting shot up, that there's a huge chance of Luca possibly being able to help. Whether it be protection, or the fact that his father knew Big John, either way they knew he could help. They were also aware of the fact that Evelynn was practically dying inside from keeping a such a big secret away from her boyfriend, so they figured they'd get Luca involved rather than letting Evelynn spill it to the whole island.

While helping the Antonio family prepare for the hurricane, JJ managed to make conversation with Luca, quickly understanding that the boy was extremely smart and possibly knows things that their friend Pope doesn't. John B thought this could be useful to them during their search, and after successfully convincing Evelynn that her boyfriend wouldn't be hurt, the girl finally agreed to talk to Luca about the Royal Merchant.

•••

"And we were right outside like this. And all we hear is just, "Bam! Bam! Bam!"

This is the first thing heard when Evelynn and Luca walk up to the Chateau, the two share an odd look before making their presence known. Knowing how frustrated he could get, Evelynn allows JJ to finish his explanation before interrupting.

"Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside. And I'm just looking at him, like--Wait, first off, look at this shit. Look at it.

Kiara forces his head away from her with a grimace, "That's dandruff, disgusting."

"That's paint. At that point, I was just, like..." He trails off, glancing between his friends, "I'm waiting for death."

"That's interesting." Kirsten mumbles.

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Evelynn asked, JJ focusing his attention on her,

"Yeah."

"Did you get a good description of them? What did they look like? Anything."

Pope adds on as JJ takes a minute to think, "Anything we can bring to a police report?"

"Yeah... Burly."

The air is silent, the group of teenager looking around at each other with odd looks, Kirsten finally speaks up, her voice cracking slightly as she stares up at him,