the hotel

—

A boat. We're going underwater for a damn boat, Kirsten thinks. She easily could've stayed in the HMS Pogue to avoid getting wet but she was nosy and she wanted to see for herself.

The six teens eventually make their way to the surface. Laughing at what they just witnessed.

Kiara can't help the shock in her voice, "You guys saw that?

Pope nods, "Yeah."

"Yeah, I did." John B agrees, catching his breath.

The boys still laughing as they reach down to help the girls out the water.

"That's a Grady-White. A new one of those is like 500 Gs, easy. That's a primo rig." The blonde explains to his friends, smiling at the older twin in glee.

"Yeah. That's the boat I saw when I surfed the surge. Maybe it hit the jetty or something." John B tells them.

The groups falls silent, looking at each other.

"You surfed the surge?" Kie practically screeches. Kirsten and Pope sharing a look before backing away from her.

"Yeah. That's my boy. Pogue style." JJ praises.

Evelynn head snaps to the boy, "you're a fucking idiot."

Ignoring the two, Kie continues to pester John B, "What the heck?"

"Do we even know whose boat that is?" Kirsten speaks up.

John B looks to the shorter girl, "No, but we're about to find out."

JJ quickly shakes his head, "Dude, it's too deep."

"Oh, for the weak and feeble, JJ." John B informs his blonde friend.

"Well, I'm not resuscitating you." JJ responds, raising his hands in surrender before bringing them down to rest on Kirsten's shoulder, his front to her back. "I'm just making that clear up front."

"That's fine." The boy turns and chuckles at the look on the younger Carrera's face, "what?"

"Diver down, fool." Pope shrugs, knowing there's nothing he can say to stop the Routledge boy.

John B sighs, "Diver down."

As John B is pushed into the water, possibly to his death, the remaining group waits patiently for him to return. The silence is weirdly frustrating. Pope clearly sensing the tension, decides to speak up,

"What's up with you?"

The question was obviously directed to the Connor girl, who taps her foot against the boat nervously,

"What's up with who?"

"What's up with you?"

"There's nothing up with me. Are you insinuating that something's up with me?" The girls rambles out.