kegger fights

—

Luca sat in his room, sighing to himself as he struggled to pick a shirt. Usually, he'd either send a picture to Evelynn, allowing the girl to pick one for him, but he knew that her phone wasn't working at the moment.

Soft knocking on his door alerted him that his mother was there.

"Hey. Do you have anything to do today?" Lori asks her son, the words flying out of her mouth quickly.

"There's a kegger today but i don't know if I'll go—"

"Go. Go have fun." The Antonio woman ushered out, her smile bright as she looked at her son, "And see if Evelynn will spend the night tonight, yeah?"

"Okay?" He frowns. Usually if he wanted to leave, his mom would be a lot more hesitant in letting him, specifically at night.

His eyes narrowing as she picked up the plain black shirt off his bed and gently placing it in his hands, "Wear that one. Black goes with anything."

•••

Kegger is supposed to be fun. Unfortunately for Kirsten, it was not.

No one likes to watch their longtime crush talk to other girls. Especially not when she knew one of them would be going home with him tonight. So, once again, she's off to the side watching girls swarm around JJ while Popes next to her talking about dead people shit. She's also took notice that John B's flirting with a girl who looks like she wants to be elsewhere.

Her sister, Kiara, has made friends with a group of teens who find entertainment in astrology. What really catches her attention is her best friend, Evelynn, who places herself on the ground near her feet, with a small frown on her face.

"What's wrong, sweetheart." The Carrera girls asks, a teasing pout falling on her face.

"Luca's not here."

Kirsten scoffs, "Boo Hoo, you'll get over it."

"Excuse me." Evelynn crosses her arms across her chest.

"I've been watching JJ flirt with girls this whole time, one moment without your boyfriend won't kill you."

"You sound like a stalker." Evelynn says, moving to stand next to her friend, rather than sitting in the sand.

"It's not stalking, it's observing." She quickly corrects, "And it's hard not to notice when he's doing it right in front of me." She finishes, pointing to the blonde who's standing a little ways ahead of the two with a brunette clinging to his arm.

From Evelynn's point of view, JJ looks like he wants nothing to do with the girl, but she knows better than to say anything about it.

"Doing what?" The new voice nearly causes the two to jump from the sudden interruption.