hit the road

—

Evelynn had decided that she and Luca were going to go home. She had been too worried about her boyfriend to focus on finding any gold that she came to believe was imaginary.

Even if the Antonio boy had promised multiple times that the wound wasn't all too bad, Evelynn thought otherwise. In her eyes, the bullet had went through his skin and out the other side, while in actuality, it was barely a scrape.

Either way, Luca knew she'd only calm her nerves if he either went to the hospital, or allowed her to clean his injuries.

However, the couple knew Luca's parents would go absolutely insane if they found out Luca was in the hospital, it'd be worse if they went to his house to take care of him. So, with much dismay, the couple snuck themselves into Evelynn's house, which proved to be rather easy seeing as her parents weren't home.

"Ow." Luca hissed, tightening the grip he had on the pillow next to him. Evelynn glared at him, her jaw ticking in annoyance before she carefully placed the the small bandage on the area above his eyebrow.

The girl listened as he sighed, obviously a way as him trying to gather her attention. Refusing to acknowledge him, she picked up the supplies they used and made her way to put them back in her bathroom.

Luca grunted as he rose from the bed, picking his disregarded shirt and following her to the bathroom.

"What the hell happened to your back?"

She watched him tense, clearly not expecting her to speak.

"I rammed into the doorknob trying to get away." He started, turning on her shower before facing her, "I'll be fine."

"Luca—"

"I'm fine, Evelynn Rose." He struggled not to smile at her.

Evelynn scoffed, "Why are you smiling?"

"You're cute when you're worried."

"It's not cute, Luca. I'm worried. You could've been seriously hurt."

Sensing that she was genuinely upset, Luca's happy expression immediately dropped, walking forward to grasp her hands.

"Ev—"

She failed to tug away from him as she spoke, "I'm being serious, Luca."

"I know you are." He sighs, nodding his head to her words, "And i'm sorry. I shouldn't be joking about it."

"Damn right you shouldn't be. What hell am I supposed to do if you die?"

"Write my eulogy." He laughed, wincing when her hand made contact with his arm.

"I don't find you funny."

"I happen to find myself hilarious." He continues to tease her as he strips down, preparing himself to get in the shower.