murder weapon

—

Evelynn stood with Luca's jacket covering as much of her hair as it possibly could. It had started to rain a few minutes into them following Gavin and now they were stood on top of a box while waiting to see what the man was doing.

"Nice camera." JJ commented, wiping the rain water out of his face, "Where'd you dig up that relic? Why don't you just use your phone?"

"Well, first of all, I like my antique electronics. Second of all, this is a telephoto." At their blank looks, Pope continued, "It allows me to get a close image from far away."

"I was going to say something about his phone not being water proof, but that works too." Evelynn shrugged, watching Luca pull his hair back with a clenched jaw. He wasn't the happiest with being soaking wet and full clothed. But he looked good if that was any consolation.

"Lord of the dorks." Kie rolled her eyes.

"For definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass." Pope told her, flinching as Kirsten's arm suddenly shot forward,

"There he is."

"Yo, get down." JJ brought everyone down with him, whispering a quick 'sorry' to Kirsten as he accidentally elbowed her on the top of her head, pressing a quick kiss to soothe the ache that wasn't there.

Evelynn flinched at the booming of thunder, grabbing onto Luca's arm in panic. She was never a fan of rain, thunder, or anything that made her jump up from her sleep. It freaked her out.

"And there's Gavin. Where are you going, you son of a bitch?" Pope groaned as the man ended up moving further away, "No, no, no, no. I'm losing him. Shit. Where's he going?"

"Hold on." JJ said, looking around in hopes of finding somewhere for them to get a better look.

A sharp whistle from her boyfriend grabbed Kirsten's attention, "Yo! Hey. I found something. Come here."

The teens followed him, Luca being behind as he wanted to make sure everyone else was completely safe.

"Up here. Gotta go up top."

"That'll work."

As JJ directed them up the top of a small building, Evelynn held in an elongated groan. Walking was fine, hell she'd even accept running. But climbing was a little too much for her.

It appeared as though Luca sensed her annoyance, patting her waist softly before following her up the ladder, "Come on."

"Hurry." Kie said waved them on, "Don't wanna miss anything."

"You rolling, Pope?"

"Are you getting it?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I see them. Ward just handed Gavin something. I think it's a duffel bag."