crain house

—

"I'm sorry. You're staying where?"

Luca leant all the way back in his seat, stretching his arms around the back of Evelynn's chair.

It had been all of five minutes of the group meeting in The Wreck, the Carrera family restaurant, when Kiara started to complain.

"Tannyhill."

"So you're living with Sarah Cameron." She scoffed, brushing past her sister who moved by the table to give a family their food.

"Okay, look, the only reason I'm living there is because her dad bailed me out, right? And it's way better than foster care, which, by the way, is where I was about to go if Ward didn't—"

"Hey, so do you have a membership to the clubs now?"

John B sighed, "I don't know, Pope."

"What about those golf carts they drive around? You get one of them?" JJ followed, lifting his water cup to take a sip. His eyes traveled to Kirsten who smiled sweetly at the little girl that explained her order.

"Does it come with a sweater-vest, or do you have to buy one on your own?"

Despite the teasing being about the people on their side of the island, Luca and Evelynn couldn't hide the smiles that formed on their faces.

"Look, you promised." Kiara dropped her arms, "You said you weren't with her."

"Bro, just own it. She got you."

"Like Kirsten's got you?" Evelynn joked.

JJ threw a napkin at her, "Shut up."

"Look, if you wanna hang out with her, that's fine. But I'm letting you know now that I'm not doing anything with Sarah."

"If that's the case, then Luca, Evelynn and I shouldn't be here, Kie." Kirsten said as she walked up to them, sitting down in the chair that JJ stood behind.

"That's not the same thing, Kirsten."

"Literally how?" She exaggerated.

John B rolled his eyes, "Do you guys see her here? No, right."

Evelynn jerked her head back, "N-n-no, no 'you guys', only one of us is being a brat about it."

Kie gave her a dirty look, to which Evelynn raised a brow, smirking to herself as she took a drink of her water.

"Okay. A little focus would be fantastic."

"Watch your mouth, John."

"We've got the map, right?"

"It's out of whack 'cause the guy was ganja'd when he drew it." JJ said, leaning his arms against the back of Kirsten's chair.

"It's 'cause the coast has changed." Kie told him.