liz's help

—

As he was hardly injured, Luca used what strength he had to sit up, groaning in pain as he lifted his shirt to see blood gushing from his side.

"Oh, fuck."

"Hey. Hey. Hold still. Hold still. It's okay."

Luca shoved John B away from him, "Get off of me, man."

"Where is it?"

"I'm fine, worry about her." He gestured to Peterkin, the woman slowly losing consciousness the longer she was left unattended.

Luca definitely wasn't fine. For someone that got grazed with a bullet, he should not be bleeding as much as he was.

"Oh, shit." The Routeledge left Luca alone, moving towards the Sheriff that had been on his side from the beginning, "Where is it? Oh, my..."

"I'm sorry." John B repeated, "I'm sorry."

Luca could feel his eyes blur over a bit as he stumbled to stand up, Sarah's sobs going deaf to his ears. His main focus was not passing out with his former friend holding a gun to both him and anyone that wasn't his father.

"Dad!"

Peterkin began wheezing heavily, "Call for help."

John B wasted no time in picking up her radio to hopefully connect with someone.

"Hey. Wait."

Rafe took notice of the way John B reached for the radio, lifting the gun threatening him, "Hey!"

Ward raised a hand to stop him, "Rafe, no! Rafe!"

"Don't try it, asshole."

"John B, give me the radio." Ward instructed.

"No." The Routeledge denied.

Luca nearly rolled his eyes. They had a psychopath with a gun to their heads and he was refusing to cooperate.

"Come on."

"No."

"Give him the damn radio, John B." Luca groaned, tilting his head to the sky, his hand still covering his wound.

Listening to his words, John B reluctantly allowed Ward to take the radio from him. Sarah's sobs seemed to grow as she watched her brother aim the gun at them again.

"Rafe, I've got it. Calm down. Rafe, put the gun down." Ward signed, "I got it."

"Run." Peterkin whispered.

"I'm not leaving you."

Luca didn't have to be told twice.

He straightened up, his blue eyes not once leaving Ward and Rafe's figures. He wanted to somehow signal for Sarah to prepare herself to leave, but he knew she wouldn't be quick enough, especially since she wasted all her energy crying.