ripped pants and tootsie rolls

—

Evelynn definitely could have been the one to go behind the wall of John B's dead grandmother, seeing as she was one of the slimmest of the seven. However, not only did she not want to, but Luca refused to let her go, not wanting her to maybe injure herself.

Kirsten was also the shortest of the three females in the group, but she was too scared and JJ also didn't want her going.

Kiara was the last option.

She was a bit nervous, but she also wanted to get whatever stuff that was possibly in there so John B can finally get his information.

"This is about your dad. And honestly, I really don't believe in it, but you deserve to know the truth. I'll do it."

Luca glanced around the area, keeping watch while the other three boys, and Kirsten, helped Kie over the wall.

"Ev? Help us?" JJ tried, waving his hand towards them.

"No, i'm all good. You guys are doing great."

"Okay, then." Pope mumbled.

"I'm gonna boost you, all right." JJ spoke, his soft voice doing wonder's for Kirsten's ears. Blinking back into reality she heard the Maybank mumble once more, "I've seen it in the movies several times. Ready?"

"Remind me what we're looking for." Kie glanced at John B, who was holding the branches out of her way.

"You'll know when you see it."

The air grows silent for a moment, Kiara thinking over his words.

"Yeah, cause that's helpful." Kirsten said, grunting as her sister's hand made contact with her shoulder:

"Hold my flashlight."

JJ begins to instruct the girl on what to do, "All right, so put your hands right there. Yep. Foot... Your foot. All right, on three."

He begins his count, only to stop short when she goes on her own time, "Okay, never mind. Just forget about three."

"I got it."

"Be careful."

Kirsten let out a breath of air as she looked up towards her twin. She nervously shakes her hands as the girl disappears behind the wall.

"Okay, flashlight?"

"Yeah, here."

"Are you okay?" Kirsten speaks up. Kiara doesn't respond, only adding to the girls worries.

John B winced, "You alive? You got, like, a... a heartbeat and everything?"

"So far."

Her vague response barely eased Kirsten's nerves. The Carrera girl can feel a hand intertwine with her own, looking to her left she spotted JJ standing there, his eyes never leaving the tombstone, though she thought she could make out a faint blush on his cheeks. The girl then felt a soft hand rubbing her shoulder and almost immediately knew it was Evelynn.