P4L

—

Kirsten had found out that JJ got fired from his job the day before they started school.

She wasn't upset with him, far from it. Once he went into detail—cutting himself off every once in a while to ask her opinion—she eventually came to the realization that the kooks were practically taunting him.

The Maybank expressed to the girl how upset and embarrassed he was with himself. Kirsten didn't enjoy watching her boyfriend bring himself down because he let the kooks get to him.

Pulling into Kildare County High School, Kirsten thanked Pope with a smile as he handed her her bag.

"Hey, chill out."

Her hair flipped over her shoulder as she turned to look at JJ in concern, frowning at the flask he hid in his pocket, no doubt fill of alcohol.

"If I black out, just don't remind me."

"JJ—"

"That's not funny."

JJ linked hands with Kirsten, pulling the girl close to him as the murmurs started.

"It's them."

"There they are."

"I wasn't sure they'd show up."

"Heard they got arrested."

"That wouldn't surprise me."

"Think they have something to do with it?"

"They had to."

"I feel like people are staring at us." Kie looked around.

"That's because they are." Kirsten wrapped her arm around her sisters elbow, looking for some sort of comfort.

"Oh yeah." JJ nodded after looking around at everything.

Pope looked away from John B' memorial, "Guys, I can't be late."

"Hey. Hey. We gotta stick together." Kie reminded the Heyward as he began to walk away. She held her hand out for him to grab.

"Stick together. Yeah."

"Come on, JJ."

•••

"For the love of God, shut up!"

The group of girls grew silent at the loud voice.

"You know, for people who apparently 'couldn't care less' about a few pogues, you sure have a lot to say about them!" Evelynn snapped.

She was simply grabbing a book for a class she wouldn't be paying attention in when she overheard a group of seniors giving their unwanted opinions on John B and Sarah. She was aware that everyone around her would have something to say about it, but what set her off was the fact that they were badmouthing her friends.