stuck on the puzzle (part two) (Jmp)

(James's pov)

'A daughter' how could I have a daughter, I couldn't deny her if I tried she was practically the little girl version of me, her striking features, I was proud of her.

But it kills me to see another man raising her my child, I didn't know for years I had a child, if I hadn't left, if I had stayed we could have been a proper family, I can imagine it.

In my office having faith on my lap with her doll as I do paperwork, y/n playing a record swaying to the sound, a picture perfect family, but she has that with urgh Derek.

I understand why she told Derek faith was his since having a baby out of wedlock is like the biggest scandal of the century, and I had left before she even got the chance to tell me.

Sitting in my office shirt sleeves rolled up glass of whisky in one hand a cigarette in another, my mind was somewhere else I didn't even notice miss evers's entry into my office.

"I'm terribly sorry sir I just needed to inform you that your suit had been laundered" she informed, shrugging her off, "are you alright Mr march?" Miss evers asked noticing my lack of communication.

"Miss evers what would you do if you found out you had a child you didn't know about?" I asked puffing my fifth cigarette since y/n had left me at the bar.

"Well I don't know sir I'd think I'd me distraught I wouldn't know what to do may I ask why your asking such a question?" Miss evers answered I trusted her after all.

"Because let's say a ghost from my past has come to haunt me, it's peculiar how you can go around thinking you left everything fine and dandy but in reality you left a whole mess" I sighed rubbing my temples trying to wrap my head around the situation.

"Mr march is there something your trying to tell me?" Miss evers suspected eyeing me up with suspicion, I let out a deep sigh gulping another glass of whisky.

"yes Miss evers I have a daughter she's two years old her mother's a girl I fell in love with but left because I thought someone else could give her a better life turns out I left her with a baby" I said feeling guilty for my actions.

"Oh my" was all Miss evers said, "I didn't know she was with child or I wouldn't have left her, so she convinced someone that faith, my daughter was his and they got married and they're under this very roof as we speak" I finished my cigarette leaving it in the ashtray.

Laying back on my chair thinking how to go about this, "I don't know what to say Mr march this is a very disordered situation for you I'd assume" she said leaving me to my own devices.

The next morning I woken up bright and early, as a hotel owner does, greeting new guests, attending to staffs and visitors needs, but I was eager to see y/n and faith, to even say a friendly hello to my daughter.

(Y/n pov)
You had woken up to the crisp wind coming into your room, rolling over to find your daughter already awake playing with her toy car, making you smile.

"Good morning mommy's gorgeous princess" you smiled at the child, who engulfed you into a hug "mommy" she squealed as you tickled her giggling away.

Your husband was laying on his side smiling at the interaction between you and your daughter, you felt a pang of guilt looking at the loving eyes of the man who isn't the father of your two year old baby.

"I was thinking maybe I should head out for a few hours to the bar out of the hotel you know some me time" your husband said drawing patterns on your arm.

"If you want to me and faith will be fine here" you smiled getting out of bed to get faith ready for breakfast, as well as yourself.

Going downstairs to the dining room, it was very elaborate that's one thing you can say about James he always had very expensive and fashionable taste in things, you couldn't believe how beautiful he made the hotel.