baby talk (part 2) evan peters

Months flew by but nothing, you went to doctors to check if maybe something was wrong, but no both you and evan were fine, you were beginning to give up on the dream you both set on becoming parents till Saturday night.

You were laying on your bed feeling down, like you let your husband down, evan was in the shower for work in the morning you played with the hem of your nightgown something screaming at you to check again, a gut instinct.

You heard the shower stop with a soft sigh you got out of bed carrying yourself into the bathroom seeing your husband with a towel wrapped securely around his waist, "Hey babe" he smiled planting a kiss on your temple immediately taking notice of your nervousness, "What's wrong?" He asked his eyes scanning your every feature.

"When was the last time I took a test?" You asked already knowing the answer it was less than a week and a half ago, "last Thursday I think why?" Evan asked  he didn't give up hope on you becoming pregnant but he agreed on maybe putting it a rest for now.

"Maybe we should take another test" you initiate twiddling your fingers, "if you think we should then I'm all for it honey" evan smiled you went into your cabinet above the sink grabbing a clearblue test doing your business.

Evan never left your sight making sure you didn't feel alone but also felt comfortable, after you peed on the stick you then went to wash your hands placing the pregnancy test on the counter beside your sink waiting for those five minutes.

Evan was already changed into grey sweats sitting on the cold marble floor, evan guided you to sit between his legs his arms wrapped around you holding you close waiting on those minutes coming to a close, "do you think we might get lucky this time around" you asked the anxiety ripped through you wanting the time to end.

"I hope so" evan whispered against your hair holding you closer to him, evan couldn't lie he was hopeful obviously but with failed tests he didn't want to get his hopes up, the thoughts rushing through your head like every other time what would your child be like, would you be good parents, what if you had a terrible pregnancy hearing all the stories your friends told you.

"If we are pregnant what would you think the baby would look like?" Evan asked to try and calm you down, you thought about it for a second with a smile on your face, "well I think they would look like you mostly they would have your eye shape but my eye color, your nose with the little freckle, my cheek bones and chin but they would definitely have your smile without a doubt" you said the image more clearer in your head.

"You really think so?" Evan chuckled the light tint of pink on his cheeks became more visible to you, "i know so" you replied "what about you?" You asked curiously, "they would have your eyes and nose, my lips, they would have your bright personality and shyness but would definitely be daddy's little guy or girl" he teased making you swatt his chest pretending to he shocked.

"I think it's been five minutes" evan stated checking his phone you got up picked the test up making sure the result was facing the ground, you sat back between Evans legs your hands were shaking, breathing shaky you looked at evan to see if he was ready for the possible future.

With a nod from evan you turned the test, the tears immediately welling up in your eyes, "Oh my god" you whispered in a gasp evan took the test from your hands reading it, you were pregnant, "we're having a baby" you shrieked your arms wrapped around evans neck planting your lips on his, "I can't believe it we did it babe" Evans smile shone he couldn't believe it, it's finally happening.

His hand on your non existent bump a single tear rolled down his cheek the feeling surreal, "we're having a baby" he whispered he couldn't quite believe it even though you both were trying for a baby you finally did it your carrying his child.