The moment I took you in the station (colin zable)

Summary: Your a petty criminal but Colin could help but fall for you

A/n: part 2 maybe?

You ran as far as your legs could take you constantly looking behind you as the detective chased after. You cursed yourself for getting caught but all you could do is run and hope you the best. You gotten caught shoplifting from some fancy store in the mall and you didn't realise that there was an actual detective in the store as you sprinted as far as you could.

You could hear him yelling at you to stop but you never till you looked back and suddenly tripped over your own feet. "Fuck" you hissed clutching on to your ripped Jean covered knee. Trying to get back up till you felt a hand on your arm pulling you back. You got caught handcuffs on your wrists "your under arrest ma'am" he said "oh come on man" you sighed as their partner you presumed pulled up beside you both guiding you into the car and off to the station.

In the station you sat in the dim room waiting on getting questioned. Tapping your fingernails on the table humming a random song that came to mind to pass time. It felt like a century by the time the very detective that took you in came into the interrogation room.

This time he came in with a woman you knew as mare. She looked at you disappointed knowing this wasn't the first time you were in trouble. "Oh come on y/n really" mare scolded she known you since you were little and known you got yourself into petty crimes such as shoplifting or fights.

"I had to mare my sister wanted that bag for school and I can't afford it" you sighed rubbing your temples. "I know times are rough i get that I really do but stealing getting your own self into trouble isn't worth it y/n" mare said you knew she was right how could she not be.

The guy detective who's name you still haven't learnt stared at you. You didn't know why but you didn't mind either. He was extremely attractive. "I'm going to help you out here If I let you go I need you to promise me that you will get a job and stay out of trouble".

"How can I get a job mare I have previous for theft and I have to look after my sister I wouldn't be able to find a good job" you sighed massaging your temples.
You were stuck you only could afford rent since you lived at your uncles place so he lets you off with payments or just doesn't charge at all. But you struggled to even keep up with other bills and put food on the table.

"I can find a course for you to do to help you find a job that helps pay bills, put food on the table and put clothes on your back y/n me and detective zable are here to help you" mare smiled sympathetically. "I don't want to just be a charity case for you all I don't want your pity" you spat, you didn't mean to but your pride got the better of you.

"But it's either that or jail time what do you prefer" the male detective spoke up who's name you learned to be detective zable. You knew he was right you couldn't get into trouble again not with having your sister. "Fine I'll do it" you sighed.

A few months later you were doing great the little course went well and you managed to get a decent job to pay bills and put food on the table. You were walking back home with bags of groceries they felt heavy like they were going to burst open at any moment. You heard a car horn beep making you jump out of your skin.

"Jesus Colin you almost gave me a heart attack" you gasped seeing detective zable in his car. After that day in the station you would see mare and Colin out and about you would talk to them. You couldn't lie you began developing a crush on the new cop in town.

"Need a lift?" He asked noticing your struggle with the bags.

"No no Colin I'm fine honestly don't want to put you into any trouble" you dismissed politely. "No trouble at all honestly" he said you finally agreed to his offer. Colin got out of his vehicle to help you load the bags into his truck. You made your way into the passenger side of the car colin getting in at the other side. Colin new the address after dropping you off there when you had gotten took to the station he dropped you off.

"Thanks again colin you really didn't need to" you smiled the soft sound of the radio played. Colin shook his head "it's no problem honestly I was going past your place anyway to get back to the station" his eyes were still focused on the road but he looked nervous like he wanted to ask you something.

"You okay?" You asked noticing his nervous demeanour, "yeah I'm alright just-" Colin stoped himself mid sentence you furrowed your eyebrows in response. "Come on Colin you can tell me what's wrong" you said with a smile. A sigh left Colin's lips contemplating on if he should say anything or not. "Well I was thinking maybe if you want to, would you like to have dinner with me?" He asked.

You could hear the nervousness mixed with hope in his voice but also in his eyes even though they were fixated on the road. You were shocked to say the least, never did you expect Colin a cop to be interested in a petty criminal like you. Swallowing a lump in your throat, mind racing, palms feeling sweaty rubbing them on your jeans.

"Look forget what I said I didn't mean to step out of line" Colin sighed feeling a little down at your lack of response. "I'd love to go for dinner with you Colin" you finally answered. "You don't need to if you don't want to, I understand that you don't want to it was dumb of me to think otherwise" Colin's voice was more meek and hinted with sorrow. "No Colin I really do it's just- why would you want to go to dinner with me out of all people I mean I had my fair share of run ins with the law you don't want that" you were now the one to sigh.

You hadn't realised that you were both now parked outside your home. Colin turned the engine off his car finally looking your in the eye. "I don't care that you been in trouble before, I get why you did it but I really do like you y/n ever since I took you to the station that day" Colin told you. You felt the blush raising in your cheeks from Colin's words and the fact that you were arrested.

"When you taking me out?" You asked with a grin seeing your little sister walking along the sidewalk returning from school. "Are you free next Saturday it's my day off" Colin asked you thought if you had anything "I'm free Saturday my sister will probably be staying with her friend so I should be free" you smiled. Colin nodded pulling out his cellphone "can I have you number you know so I can give you more details and stuff" he says like a teenager his cheeks redden by the second.

You nodded giving him your phone number before getting out the car. "I'll text you" Colin calls out from the open window on the passenger side. You nodded waving him goodbye, your sister by your side standing there in confusion. She looks at you with the usual look she gave you when you used to get out of police cars. "What have you done this time y/n" she sighs you let out a giggle shaking you head.

"Don't worry I'm not in trouble Amy, in fact quite the opposite I have a date" you grin like a kid in a candy store. You both walk into your home locking the door. "A date? With who?" She asked throwing her bag on the sofa. "You know that new detective" you say Amy nodded her head "no way y/n, your going on a date with the new detective me and my friends find him so hot" she gasped.

"Well he's a too old for you missy and yeah he asked me in the car offered me a ride home" you blushed setting yourself on the sofa. "Anyway have you got homework?" You asked Amy nodded her head "yeah" she sighs knowing what you will say next "go get it done" you instructed. Amy huffed going to get her bag to do her homework.

An hour or two later your phone pinged. Checking your messages seeing a new number texting you.
'Hey it's Colin just messaging you so you now have my number 😊' the text read out. You smiled at the text immediately texting a reply 'hi Colin yeah that's fine I'll save your number😊' you texted back, "it's that detective sable" Amy teased looking up from her notepad. "Maybe" you sang another ping on your phone.

'How's next Saturday at 7pm for dinner there's this nice restaurant in town it looks really promising'

'Yeah sounds great'

"Oh my god your like the girls in school" your sister teased you but you didn't even say anything too busy texting. "What are you doing next Saturday?" You asked your sister "I'm staying at my friends place" she replied "okay Colin's taking me to this nice restaurant near outside of town" you say "oh I heard about that place it's really fancy" Amy said.

You spent the rest of the night helping Amy with her homework and texting Colin. You couldn't deny that you were attracted to Colin for a little while but never did you expect that he would feel the same for you. You were nervous it had been a good while since you dated anyone since your main focus was looking after your sister.