I'd take the brunt of it (Kit walker)

Request: Kit takes the punishment for reader in the asylum similar to that scene with grace inside Sister Jude's office

You spent almost every moment of your day sat on an old chair in the common room watching everyone studying them, but all you could see was how different they were to you. They were insane or have severe mental health issues that means they can be within the public. You weren't supposed to be in here only because your now ex husband placed you in here before he had divorced you.

You hated it here. You felt like you were beginning to go insane with everything staring at the same faces the same rooms, same mistreatment and that song on repeat for four years. You were sick and tired until he came along. Kit Walker everyone knew him as bloody face the horrendous man that killed those women including his own wife.

But to you he was just Kit, the sweet caring person that never showed any killer signs. You knew from the moment you laid eyes on him he was innocent. That's how you became friends. You taught him everything he needed to know to survive this god forsaken hellhole. Another thing you taught him was that you couldn't escape.

But kit was determined to escape this place if it even means he goes out here dead. You knew there was no way out everyone knew until you both met Lana winters. You became friendly with her she promised a way out for you both but you didn't want to leave without kit.

"No he's not coming with us for Christ sake he's a god damn murder" Lana seethed through her teeth in a hushed yet harsh tone. "I'm not leaving without him Lana he's innocent I know he is" you sighed sticking up for kit. "How do you know what are you both together or something because he wouldn't be in here if he wasn't" Lana snapped at you rolling the dough with the rolling pin.

"So what if we are, plus your in here through blackmail I'm in here because my ex husband put me in here so I don't get his money from the divorce guess we are all in here for the wrong reasons" you proved a point your hands aching from needing the dough. "I said no and that's final" Lana stated ending this conversation.

But you waited till the time had come to escape the asylum. Something was happening within the asylum everyone's attention was somewhere else you grabbed kit's hand running for the doors "what are you doing bringing him y/n" the anger in lana's voice didn't bother you, your target only being getting through those doors into freedom.

"He's coming lana if you like it or not" you said dragging kit rushing to those doors. "HELP HE'S ESCAPING, THE KILLER IS ESCAPING HELP ME" Lana screamed. You and kit turned back trying to get Lana to stop but before you knew it two guards pinned you both to the ground. You felt the defeated you were so close yet so far from the freedom you deserved.

Everything was a blur to you. You couldn't remember what happened after that all you remember was being dragged to sister Jude's office by the guards kit behind you. "Well, well, well look who it is the escape artists" sister Jude tutted with a wicked smirk on her face. You hung your head low fearful for the punishment you both would receive.

You heard the door open you turned your head to see Lana there with a guilty look on her face. "You snitch you know we both don't deserve to be here why Lana" you yelled in anger. Your blood boiled even looking at her as she just stared at her feet in guilt. Kit just watched you kicking off till sister Jude stopped you. "Stop this y/n" she warned.

You and kit's bodies leaned against the cold wood, scrunching your eyes shut awaiting for the horrifying punishment you will receive. Your hospital gown exposing you from the back you heard sister Jude thanking Lana for her honesty. "Now as a reward I want you to pick what cane to use" you heard footsteps from behind. Turning your head to see sister Jude opening the cabinet revealing the selection of canes one more taunting than the other.

Lana picked out a thin cane holding it up to sister Jude for somewhat of an approval which she only sniggers at. "Your too kind Lana banana" she says picking a much thicker one making her way to you. "Twenty each that seem fair enough" sister Jude calls out you felt the cold wood against the back of your thighs just as she pulled the cane away, your eyes scrunched shut holding your breath waiting on the punishment.

"Wait sister Jude y/n had nothing to do with it she didn't want to leave I dragged her I should be the one getting punished not her" kit spoke up standing straight your eyes shot wide open. "Very well then that means 40 for you mr walker but miss y/l/n you watch as a reminder if you ever step out of line" sister Jude stated waving the cane around.

You slowly got up making your way to stand by Lana the fear still filled within your eyes. Sister Jude raised her cane to kit smacking the wood on the backs of his knees. You saw the pain in his eyes but he never cried out in pain, but his face didn't fail to show how much pain he was in. The tears falling down your cheeks you wished it was you receiving the punishment instead of him.

With each smack you flinched, the sound of the cane smacking off his skin seemed to get louder and louder till all 40 hits were completed. His skin red raw almost bleeding "take them to the common room" sister Jude dismissed all of you getting took back to the common room. The same song still played you stayed close to kit helping him to sit down.

"AHHH" kit practically screamed as he sat on the chair. "Slowly kit" you said helping him out the tears still falling down your face, kit saw you crying not even caring if he's in pain. "Hey are you okay" he asked wiping your tears with the pads of his thumb. You shook your head sniffling "no I'm so sorry kit you shouldn't have taken the blame for me it was all me yet you got the brunt of it all, I feel so guilty" you sobbed lightly.

"I wouldn't want you getting caned I'd gladly do it again if it means you won't get hurt" kit smiled trying to make you feel better. "We were so close" you whispered resting your head on his shoulder. "We'll get out here one day I promise" kit whispered back taking your hand in his. "I hope so".