took you long enough (peter maximoff)

The halls were flooded with students in the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning, your fathers school matter of fact your Walkman playing your music through your ears, not bothering with anyone, till you bumped into a certain speedster.

"Peter christ I almost dropped my books" you huffed peeling your headphones from your ears, "sorry I gotta go I'm super late for class" he said speeding away in a flash, pretty ironic he has superspeed yet is always superlate you often thought that was his supernatural ability being late for everything.

You had met Peter before you dad restarted the school, back in the 70s when Peter helped magneto escape prison with your dad, hank and logan, from then on your became friends with your supernatural abilities and similar music taste was how you bonded.

Your father was sceptical with the friendship since Peter was a boy and your dad charles was very protective of you, finally making it to class you didn't pay attention since your dad taught you most of the stuff you needed to know growing up.

Once the class was over you were greeted by Peter who stood outside your class waiting for you, "hang out?" You asked since you didn't have anymore classes for the rest of the day, "read my mind" he smiled "well it is my power" you laughed so did he "hold on" he said grabbing on to you as he sped you to your room.

You never got used to the speed he went the first time you got whiplash and a few times after that, you made it to your dorm room in the blink of an eye, "I'll never get used to that" you chuckled your supernatural ability was the same as your father's getting into people's heads reading their minds.

"It is cool though" he smirked plopping down on your bed, you placed a record on, placing the needle on the round disc, plopping beside Peter "so what you wanna talk about?" You asked grabbing the magazine you forgot to finish off the night before about the latest celebrity gossip.

"Well actually there's something I've been meaning to tell you" he nervously chuckled scratching the back of his neck, "What's up?" You closed the magazine giving Peter you full undivided attention, "well you know we've been friends for a while" he started you nodded encouraging him to continue you felt nervous you could've read his mind to know what he was going to say but you didn't like reading minds invading their thoughts.

"And I know you promised me not to read my mind to know what I'm thinking but that's because I've been keeping a secret from you" he paused you furrowed your brows confused Peter told you absolutely everything you were his best friend, "omg it's that girl in class I knew you liked her" you realised acting all excited but in reality you were sad.

Peter is your best friend but you had a big fat crush on him since you first met you seen him date other girls but they never worked out you were always happy when he had a girlfriend making him happy but that selfish part of you couldn't wait till they broke up.

"No, no its not her but I do like someone like a lot" he chuckled so did you seeing the blush rising in his cheeks, "then who Peter come on I'm your best friend you can tell me" you egged on Peter was hesitant to say another word scared that what he would say would upset you and ruin the friendship you two had built.

"Well she is in my class infact she knows me very well and I feel like we're the same person" he hinted you tried to think of everyone in the school that talks to Peter a lot but you couldn't think, "just tell me Peter" you couldn't guess who it was at all Peter just stared at you hoping you would click on "it's me?" You gasped in shock now finally connecting the dots.

"Took you long enough" Peter nervously laughed the slight fear that you'd reject him made him regret his choice, "I don't know what to say Peter when? how? why?" Your head was filled with questions you couldn't wrap your around it. Peter let out a soft chuckle at how confused you were.

"Well when I first met you, how and why because you're beautiful y/n your smart, funny and most of all you know me well how could I not" Peter smiled you couldn't help it you wrapped your arms around Peter connecting your lips together in a sweet tender kiss.

You felt like that girl in the movie's were they finally kiss the person they loved, as cliché as it sound but it was true, having peters lips on yours made you feel like a million dollars.

You pulled away from his lips blushing, you kissed your best friend you didn't know what to say now. it wasn't awkward you just didn't know what to say, "that was amazing" Peter whispered he also couldn't believe what just happened he had been dying to confess his feeling to you for months and he finally mustered up the courage to do so.

"It was" you bit your fingernails with nerves your mind fogged with more questions, what was this for us?, what if we don't work?, you cleared your throat to speak "what are we now like where do we go from here?" You asked you did have strong feelings for Peter but you didn't want to rush into a relationship and then your friendship might go tits up.

"Whatever you want to do if you don't want to rush into anything right now I'm totally ok with that I just wanted you to know how I feel" Peter reassured you, "maybe take it slow before jumping on the ban-wagon if we work we work if we don't then we will continue our friendship like it is" you settled Peter seemed happy at that agreeing with you.

"That's fine by me, oh want me to change the record" Peter asked now realising the record you put on was now finished, "Yeah thanks peter" you smiled.