don't let them get to you(tate Langdon)

Request by Otaku_trash8

Ever since you were little you always struggled with your anxiety. Sometimes going out the front door was a struggle and today was no different.

You had just got back from school the tears flooding your eyes, you felt like you couldn't breath the room felt like it was spinning. You hated this all because you struggled being out in public. Don't get me wrong a lot of times you are fine when coming back from school or outside in general but there was days were you just couldn't handle it.

Today was one of those days were your anxiety got the better of you. This morning you were fine in school then it hit you at lunch due to one of the popular kids giggling looking your way. You felt uneasy but tried to block the thoughts away so you didn't have a panic attack in the middle of the school.

Trying your best to wait till you were at home. Your knees tucked into your chest your hand covered your face not letting anyone see the tears stain your flushed cheeks. You began hyperventilating feeling like the air got sucked out your lungs. You hadn't realised that tate, your boyfriend since you moved in here saw how you crumbled not even in the door for more than five seconds.

Your body trembling as tate wrapped his arm around your shaking figure pulling you closer to him. His chin resting on your head "shhh it's alright your home now, I'm here it's okay baby" he whispered softly trying to ease you out of the current state you were in. You hated anyone seeing you like this especially tate.

But no matter how you didn't want anyone to see you like this body trembling, eyes puffy with tears, in a panic. Tate was there hand and foot to help you out of the state. He hated seeing you like this he felt like he would crumble whenever you were but he know fine well he needed to be there for you and he was.

His hand rubbing your back trying to soothe you, telling you that everything will be fine, that he's there. Eventually you calmed down you were reduced to nothing more than staggered breathing, red puffy eyes and dry throat. "I'll get you some water" tate said after he knew you somewhat calmed down.

You stayed glued to the ground your back against the wooden door. Tate came back with a bottle of cold water twisting the blue cap off bringing it too your lips. You took a few gulps like you were on a desert island gasping as you pulled away. Tate couldn't help but smile at you in hopes to cheer you up "thank you tate" you sniffled wiping your eyes with the sleeve of your shirt.

"Don't mention it, wanna talk about it?" He asked holding you close till you head was on his chest, "just one minute I'm fine then I look at the popular girls in school and i think they are laughing at me then I get in my own head getting myself all worked up" you sighed feeling the tears begin to threaten to slip once again.

"Hey look at me" he said his hand cupped your chin so you could look at him. "Don't let them get to you. I know it's hard not to but when your like this it's playing into their hands" tate said you knew he was right you were letting them win when you got yourself this worked up over something so silly.

"I know but I can't help it tate I just wished I wasn't like this sometimes" you sobbed quietly your head back on his chest. "I know you can't help it y/n but I'm here for you every step of the way."

"How about we go to bed and watch a movie?" He asked.

All you did was nod your head at tates offer. Tate helped you up by the hand guiding you into your bedroom. "You want pyjamas on?" He asked as you peeled off your jacket. "Yes please" your voice sounded tired. Grabbing a comfy pair of pyjamas tate helped you out of your everyday clothes with your consent.

He started with your shirt peeling the fabric over your head then replaced it with the soft material of your pj's along with your bottoms. You were thankful to have someone like tate to help you get through all your anxiety attacks but at the same time you felt guilty for placing such a burden on his shoulders.

Tate helped you get under the covers grabbing your laptop afterwards. You opened up a random movie sight that let's you watch those flims not even released yet picking one at random tates arms around you snuggling into him.

"Everything will be fine now" tate softly spoke your eyes fixed on the screen yet a smile played on your lips.

"I love you tate"

"I love you too y/n"