6.

"Hey, I'm starving. I'm gonna grab a little something to eat at that diner down the street. You want anything," Dean questions.

"No," Sam shakes his head.

"Aframian's buying," he jokes.

"Mm-mm."

"You wanna come," he asks me.

"Nah," I shake my head.

"Alright, I'll be back later," he says, before leaving the motel. I glance over at Sam, who's checking his messages from Jessica.

I sigh when he answers a call. "What?" He stands up. "What about you?" After a couple seconds, he lowers his phone.

"What? What happened?"

"Police spotted Dean. We gotta go," he says, grabbing my hand and leading me toward the bathroom. He shuts the door behind us, opening the window.

"We're just gonna leave him behind?"

"We have no other choice. Don't worry, we'll get him out," he assures me. "Now, come on. I'll give you a boost."

"Fine," I sigh. He picks me up by the waist, and I grab on to the window, sliding myself through. I quietly land on my feet, and he follows me.

~ ~ ~

"Hi, uh, are you Joseph Welch?"

"Yeah," the man nods.

~ ~ ~

"Yeah, he was older, but that's him," he nods, looking at the picture of John and the boys. "He came by three or four days ago, said he was a reporter."

"That's right. We're working on a story together," I lie.

"Well, I don't know what the hell kind of story you're working on-- the questions he asked me," he shakes his head.

"About your late wife, Constance," Sam inquires.

"He asked me where she was buried."

"And where is that again?"

"What, I got to go through these twice?"

"It's fact checking, if you don't mind," I say.

"In a plot behind my own place over on Breckenridge," he answers.

"Why did you move," Sam asks.

"I'm not gonna live in the house where my children died," he sighs.

"Mr. Welch, did you ever marry again?"

"No way. Constance-- she was the love of my life, prettiest woman I ever known," he shakes his head.

"So you had a happy marriage," I say.

He hesitates before answering. "Definitely."

Strange.

"Well, that should do it. Thanks for your time," Sam concludes. We walk over to the car when Sam speaks. "Mr. Welch, you ever hear of a woman in white?"

"A what?"

"A woman in white or sometimes a weeping woman. It's a ghost story. Well, it's more of a phenomenon, really. They're spirits. They've been sighted for hundreds of years, dozens of places in Hawaii and Mexico, lately in Arizona, Indiana. All these are different women, you understand, but all share the same story," Sam explains, approaching him.

"Boy, I don't care much for nonsense," he scoffs, turning his back to Sam.

"You see, when they were alive, their husbands were unfaithful to them, and these women, basically suffering from temporary insanity, murdered their children. Then, once they realized what they had done, they took their own lives. So now their spirits are cursed, walking back roads, waterways, and if they find an unfaithful man, they kill him, and that man is never seen again."

"You think... You think that has something to do with Constance, you smartass?"

"You tell me."

"I mean, maybe-- maybe I made some mistakes, but no matter what I did, Constance would have never killed her own children. Now, you get the hell out of here, and you don't come back," he orders, tears forming in his eyes. He walks away from Sam, and Sam walks over to the car.

"What the hell was that?"