79.

*Sam's POV*

"All right, so the names Dad gave us-- they're all couples," I question.

"Three different couples all went missing," Dean nods.

"And they're all from different towns, different states?"

"Yeah, Washington, New York, Colorado. Each couple took a road-trip cross country. None of them arrived at their destination. None of them were ever heard from again."

"Well, it's a big country, Dean. They could have disappeared anywhere."

"Yeah, they could have, but each one's route took them through the same part of Indiana... always on the second week of April, one year after another after another."

"This is the second week of April," I point out.

"Yep."

"So Dad is sending us to Indiana to go hunting for something before another couple vanishes?"

"Yahtzee. Can you imagine putting together a pattern like this? The different obits Dad had to go through-- the man's a master."

I quickly pull the car over. "What are you doing?"

"We're not going to Indiana."

"We're not?"

"No, we're going to California. Dad called from a pay phone-- Sacramento area code."

"Sam."

"Dean, if this demon killed Mom and Jess and Dad's closing in, we got to be there. We've got to help."

"Dad doesn't want our help."

"Well, I don't care."

"He's given us an order."

"I don't care," I repeat. "We don't always have to do what he says."

"Sam, Dad is asking us to work jobs, to save lives. It's important."

"All right, I understand. Believe me, I understand. But I'm talking one week here, man, to get answers. To get revenge."

"All right, look, I know how you feel."

"Do you? How old were you when Mom died-- 4?"

"Jess died six months ago. How the hell would you know I feel?"

"Dad said it wasn't safe for any of us. I mean, he obviously knows something that we don't. So if he says so stay away, we stay away."

"I don't understand the blind faith you have in the man. I mean, it's like you don't even question him."

"Yeah, it's called being a good son." I scoff, getting out of the car.

*Callie's POV*

I wake up, gasping.

God, that nightmare was horrible.

I look around to see Sam and Dean are gone. I hop out of the car to see Sam walking away from the car. "What the hell is going on," I question.

"Sam is going to California to find Dad," Dean replies.

"What? I thought he told us to stop looking for him," I point out.

"He did."

"Sam," I shout. He stops walking but doesn't turn around. "You're not serious." He slowly turns around to face me.

"Yes, I am. I have to find that thing that killed Jess, Callie. Are you with me or not?"

"I--," I start, looking between the two of them.

Oh God... I can't choose between the two of them.

"Don't make me choose," I sigh.

"It's either me or him," Sam shrugs. I sigh, slowly looking up at Dean.

"I'm sorry, Dean, but this demon-- I think it's coming after me. I have to go with him," I say, before walking toward Sam.

"Fine. Goodbye, Sam, Callie." With that, he hops in the car and drives off.