21.

*the next day*

The door opens and I look up to see Sam walking in. "So, I think it's safe to say we can rule out Nessie."

"What do you mean," I ask.

"I just drove past the Carlton house. There was an ambulance there. Will Carlton is dead," Sam admits.

"He drowned?"

"Yep, in the sink," he nods.

"What the hell," Dean comments. "So, you're right. This isn't a creature. We're dealing with something else."

"Yeah, but what," I ask.

"I don't know. A water wraith maybe? Some kind of demon? I mean, something that controls water... water that comes from the same source."

"The lake-- Which would explain why it's upping the body count. The lake is draining. It'll be dry in a few months. Whatever this thing is, whatever it wants, it's running out of time."

"And if it can get through the pipes, it can get to anyone almost anywhere. This is gonna happen again soon," I add.

"And we do know one other thing for sure. We know that this has got something to do with Bill Carlton."

"Yeah, it took both his kids," I say.

"And I've been asking around. Lucas' dad, Chris-- Bill Carlton's godson."

"Well, then, let's go pay Mr. Carlton a visit," I state, standing up.

~ ~ ~

"Mr. Carlton," Sam questions making him look up at us. "We'd like to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind."

"We're from the department of--"

"I don't care who you're with. I've answered enough questions today," he interrupts Dean.

"Your son said he saw something in that lake. What about you? You ever see anything out there," Sam questions. He's silent. "Mr. Carlton, Sophie's drowning and Will's death-- we think there might be a connection. To you or your family."

"My children are gone. It's... It's worse than dying," he admits, looking up at us, tears in his eyes. "Go away... please."

When we're back at the car, I speak. "What do you think?"

"I think the poor guy's been through hell. I also think he's not telling us something," Dean answers.

"So now what," I sigh. Dean starts to say something but notices something. "What is it?"

"Huh. Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something," he says, reaching into his jacket and pulling out the picture Lucas drew him.

"That's the same house," I say.

"Yeah... I think Lucas knows something."

"Well, we gotta try."

~ ~ ~

"I'm sorry, but I don't think it's a good idea," Andrea sighs.

"I just need to talk to him, just for a few minutes," Dean says.

"He won't say anything. What good's it gonna do?"

"Andrea, we think more people might get hurt. We think something's happening out there," I admit.

"My husband, the others-- they just drowned. That's all."

"If that's what you really believe, then we'll go, but if you think there's even a possibility that something else could be going on here, please let me talk to your son," Dean says. She sighs, slowly nodding.

"Okay."

We approach his bedroom door, peering in. Dean slowly walks in, kneeling down. "Hey, Lucas. You remember me?" He looks at his pictures of a bike. "You know, I, uh... I wanted to thank you for that last drawing... but the thing is I need your help again," Dean admits, pulling out the picture he drew him. "How did you know to draw this? Did you know something bad was gonna happen?" He's silent. "Maybe you could nod yes or no for me." Lucas slowly looks up at him. "You're scared. It's okay. I understand. See, when I was your age, I saw something real bad happen to my mom, and I was scared, too. I didn't feel like talking, just like you, but, see, my mom-- I know she wanted me to be brave. I think about that every day. And I do my best to be brave. And maybe your dad wants you to be brave, too." He stops coloring and looks up at everyone. He hands him a different picture, and Dean takes it. "Thanks, Lucas."