18.

*Callie's POV*

As we're walking through the mine, we hear the familiar growling making us stop. "Looks like someone's home for supper."

"We'll never outrun it," Hailey says. 

Dean looks at Sam and me. "You thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?"

"Yeah, I think so," Sam nods.

"I'm with you," I nod too.

"All right, listen to me. Stay with Sam. He's gonna get you out of here," Dean says.

"What are you gonna do," Hailey asks. 

Dean winks at her in response. "It's chow time, you freakin' bastard," Dean shouts as I follow behind him.

"Yeah, that's right. Bring it on! We taste good," I add gesturing to them to go.

God, this might be a terrible idea, but I really wanna kill this son of a bitch.

"Right over here," Dean calls out as we walk down the mine.

"Hey, why are you hiding," I say.

"You want some white meat, bitch," Dean questions. "We're right here!"

"Where the hell is this thing," I groan.

"I don't know, but something's not right."

"You're right. It's not... here," I shake my head when my eyes widen. "Sam." I hear a shot get fired making me run down the mine. "Hey, asshole," I shout.

I come to a stop when I see Sam standing in front of the others, trying to protect them. The monster growls, and I speak. "Hey!" It looks back at me, and I shoot it directly in the chest, the flare lodging itself in it. I watch as it bursts into flames, melting into nothing. I lower the flare gun, sighing. "Not bad for a girl, huh," I joke.

Sam rushes toward me, wrapping his arms around me, lifting me off the ground and hugging me. "I'm glad you're okay," he sighs, relieved.

"'Course I am. Have more faith," I chuckle.

~ ~ ~

"Thanks," I say to EMT. He nods, and I stand up.

"Hey." I look up to see Sam walking over to me.

"Hey," I smile weakly.

"How you feeling?"

"Tired. I really could go for a nap," I admit. 

He chuckles, nodding. "You know, you kind of saved us all back there," he says.

"I guess it was about time I started saving you," I shrug.

"Yeah... You know, when I realized you were gone, it reminded me of... that day," he admits.

"It did?"

"Yeah... I was so worried that I wouldn't get to you in time," he nods.

"Sam... I told you once, and I'll tell you again, I'm not going anywhere. You can't get rid of me that easily," I smile.

"Good to know."

We walk over to Dean, and I watch as Hailey and Ben hop in the ambulance, and they shut the doors. "Man, I hate camping," Dean comments.

"Me too."

"Guys, you know we're gonna find him, right," I say, looking up at them.

"Yeah, I know," Sam nods. Dean nods too. "But in the meantime... I'm driving," he states, looking at Dean. Dean glances down at his keys, before tossing them in the air. Sam catches them, and I speak.

"I call shotgun," I add.

"What? I'm stuck in the back," he groans.

"You do owe me. I kind of saved your ass back there," I point out.

"Fine, whatever."