26.

I hear the door creak open making me slowly open my eyes. "Morning, sunshine," Sam greets.

"What time is it," Dean groans.

"Uh, it's about 5:45," Sam replies.

"In the morning," I whine.

"Yep."

"Where does the day go?"

"Did you get any sleep last night," I ask.

"Yeah, I grabbed a couple of hours."

"Liar-- 'cause I was up at 3:00, and you were watching a George Foreman infomercial," I say, sliding out of bed.

"Hey, what can I say? It's riveting TV," he shrugs.

"When's the last time you got a good night's sleep," I question.

"I don't know. A little while, I guess. It's not a big deal."

"Yeah, it is," Dean pipes in.

"Look, I appreciate you guys' concern, but--"

"Oh, I'm not concerned. It's your job to keep me alive, so I need you sharp," Dean says as I stand up and walk toward him.

"Well, I am concerned. Are you still having nightmares about Jess," I ask softly.

"Yeah, but it's not just her. It's everything," he admits, handing me the coffee he got me. He hands the other one to Dean, as we take a seat across from him. "I just forgot, you know? This job-- it gets to you."

"I get it, but you can't let it. You can't bring it home."

"So, what? All this-- it never keeps either of you up at night?" Dean shakes his head.

"Never? You're never afraid?"

"No, not really." Sam scoffs before reaching under Dean's pillow and pulling out a knife. "That's not fear. That is precaution."

"All right, whatever. I'm too tired to argue."

"Well, unlike Dean, I understand," I say making Sam look at me. "I didn't sleep well after I stopped hunting. I had nightmares every night," I admit.

"When did they stop?"

"When I realized that if anything were to happen, I could handle it," I answer. All of a sudden, Dean's phone starts to ring, and Dean leans over and grabs it.

I wonder who's calling this early.

"Hello?" 

I lean over and kiss Sam's cheek. "Thanks for the coffee," I smile.

"Oh, right, yeah, up in Kittanning, Pennsylvania, the poltergeist thing. It's not back, is it?" He's silent for a bit. "What is it?" After he hangs up, he speaks. "Well, I know where we're heading next."

"Where," I ask.

"Kittanning, Pennsylvania."

"All right, let me take a quick shower," I nod, standing up. I walk over to my bag and grab a change of clothes, before disappearing into the bathroom.

*Kittanning, Pennsylvania*

"Thanks for making the trip so quick. I ought to be doing you guys a favor, not the other way around. Dean and your dad really helped me out," Jerry admits.

"Yeah, he told us. It was a poltergeist," Sam says.

""Poltergeist"? Man I love that movie," someone comments.

"Hey, nobody's talking to you. Keep walking," Jerry says. "Damn right it was a poltergeist-- practically tore our house apart. Tell you something-- If it wasn't for you and your dad, I probably wouldn't be alive," He admits. "Your said said you were off at college. Is that right?"

"Yeah, I was. I'm... taking some time off," Sam nods.

"Well, he was real proud of you. I could tell. He talked about you all the time," Jerry says.

"He did?"

"Yeah, you bet he did. Oh, and Callie?"

"Yes," I ask.

"He talked about you too. He said your families knew each other," he says.

"Yeah, they did," I nod.

"Why'd you stop doing this sort of thing?"

"Uh, a few years ago... I almost lost my life. I was seconds from death, and it kind of put things in perspective I guess," I admit.

"I get that. Well, he talked about you too. Said you were damn good at what you did. Oh, hey, I tried to get ahold of him, but I couldn't. How's he doin' anyway?"

"He's, um, wrapped up in a job right now," Dean lies.

"Well, we're missing the old man. We get Sam and Callie. Even trade, huh? Anyway, I got something I want you guys to hear."