13.

*the next morning*

Dean pulls up, and Hailey places her hands on her hips, as we come to a stop. We hop out of his car, and he speaks. "You guys got room for three more?"

"Wait. You want to come with us," Hailey questions.

"Who are these people?"

"Apparently, this is all the park service could muster up for a search and rescue."

"You're rangers?"

"That's right," Dean nods.

"And you're hiking out in biker boots and jeans?"

"Well, sweetheart, I don't do shorts," Dean shrugs.

"Oh, you think this is funny? It's dangerous backcountry out there. Her brother might be hurt."

"Believe me, I know how dangerous it can be. We just want to help them find their brother. That's all," Dean assures him.

~ ~ ~

"Roy, you said you did a little hunting," Dean says.

"Yeah, more than a little."

"Uh-huh. What kind of furry critters do you hunt?"

"Mostly buck. Sometimes bear," he replies.

"Tell me, uh, Bambi or Yogi ever hunt you back?" Roy grabs Dean's shoulder roughly, pulling him back. "What you doing, Roy?" He leans down and grabs a stick, jabbing it into something. Something snaps making a loud noise.

A bear trap.

"You should watch where you're stepping... Ranger," he advises. Roy continues on, and Dean glances back at Sam and I.

"It's a bear trap."

"Yep, we can see that," I nod. 

We continue hiking when Hailey speaks. "You didn't pack any provisions. You guys brought a duffel bag. You're not rangers, so who the hell are you," she questions forcefully. Dean glances at Sam and I, and we walk past them.

I glance over at Sam, speaking. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," he states.

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Can we just focus on the task at hand," he sighs.

"Fine," I shrug. "Sorry for giving a shit." I walk ahead of him.

~ ~ ~

"This is it-- Black Water Ridge," Roy says.

"What coordinates are we at," Sam questions when I notice how absurdly quiet it is.

"35 and minus 111." Dean walks over to us, looking around.

"You hear that," I question them.

"Yeah. Not even crickets."

"I'm gonna go take a look around," Roy says.

"You shouldn't go off by yourself," I advise.

Roy chuckles. "Thanks, sweetheart. Don't worry about me."

He walks past us, and I roll my eyes. "All right, everybody stays together," I order. "Let's go."

I continue walking when Sam speaks. "I'm sorry about earlier," he says.

"Forget about it," I shrug. "Just focus on the task at hand, remember?"

"Right."

About twenty minutes of looking around, I hear a voice. "Hailey! Over here!" We rush toward Roy's voice when we halt to a stop.

"Oh, my God," Hailey gasps when she sees what I'm assuming is left of her brother's campsite.

"Looks like a grizzly." I slowly walk toward the tent when she speaks.

"Tommy?" She drops her bag. "Tommy!"

My eyes widen, and I rush toward her. "Shh," I hush her, as I glance around.

"Why?"

"Something might still be out there."

"Sam! Cal," I hear Dean call out. We walk toward his voice, and I see him kneeled down. "The bodies were dragged from the campsite. But here, the tracks just vanish. It's weird."

"You know what," I say making them look at me. "It's not a skinwalker or a black dog."

"But what is it," Sam sighs.

"I don't know..."