47

"Well, one thing I learned from Dad-- no matter what kind of shapeshifter it is, there's one sure way to kill it."

"Silver bullet to the heart," Sam and I say in unison.

"That's right," Dean nods. 

Sam's phone goes off, and he answers it. "This is Sam." He walks aside to take the phone call when Dean speaks.

"So what's going on with you and Sam?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, back at Zach's house, you said you owed him one, but for what?"

"It doesn't really matter, Dean," I chuckle.

"I just wanna know what happened."

"Nothing happened," I lie.

"Right. You guys didn't hook up?"

"What?! No," I exclaim.

"Really? You sure about that?"

"Yes, Dean. I am positive that there is nothing going on between Sam and I, and we definitely didn't hook up. Besides, he's still dealing with Jessica's death," I point out quietly.

"I guess." He shuts the trunk, and I look up to see Sam leaning against the car.

"You okay," I ask, walking over to him.

"Beck told her lawyer we went to the crime scene, and they found out you guys aren't real cops, and now, she's pissed," he admits.

"I'm sorry."

"I hate to say it, but I was kind of right," Dean says. "But hey, this job does have it's perks," he says, handing the gun to Sam.

*in the sewer*

We walk through the sewer when Dean speaks. "I think we're close to it's lair."

"Why do you say that," Sam asks.

"'Cause there's another puke-inducing pile next to your face," Dean answers.

"Oh, God," Sam cringes.

"It looks like it's lived here for awhile," I say.

"Who knows how many murders he's gotten away with," Sam sighs, turning around to look at Dean. "Dean!" I look up, my eyes widening when I see it standing behind him. It knocks him in the face, before running off. Sam tries to shoot it but misses.

"Go get the son of a bitch," I say, helping Dean up. Sam runs off, and I wrap my arm around Dean. "Okay, I got you. Come on," I sigh.

Once after we're out of the sewer, I sigh, looking around. "All right, let's split up."

"All right. I'll meet you around the other side," Dean nods.

*later*

"Hey." Sam and I turn around to see Dean walking toward us. "Anything?"

"No, he's gone," I shake my head.

"All right. Let's get back to the car," Dean sighs. We walk across the street and head back to the car.

When we make it back to the car, Sam speaks. "You think he found another way underground?"

"Probably. You got the keys?" Sam reaches into his pocket, before speaking.

"Hey, didn't Dad once face a shapeshifter in San Antonio," Sam asks.

"That was Austin," Dean corrects. "And it turned out not to be a shapeshifter. It was a thought form-- a psychic projection. Remember?"

"Oh. Right. Here you go," he says, tossing the keys to Dean. Dean opens the trunk when Sam speaks. "Don't move!" I look up to see him pointing his gun at Dean. "What have you done with him?"

"Dude, chill. It's me, all right?"

"No, I don't think so. Where's my brother?"

"You're about to shoot him. Sam, calm down," Dean says.

"You caught those keys with your left. Your shoulder was hurt," Sam points out.

"Yeah. It's better. What do you want me to do, cry?"

"You're not my brother."

"Why don't you pull the trigger, then, hmm? Because you're not sure. Dude, you know me."

"Don't." I start to back away from him when he suddenly grabs me, pressing a knife against my throat. I gasp, letting out a shaky breath. "Let her go," Sam says.

"You pull that trigger, and her throat gets slit," He threatens.

"Sam, just do it," I urge.

"Do you really wanna lose her too?" Sam clenches his jaw when I quickly throw my head back, knocking him in the head. I feel the knife slip, cutting my neck a little bit. I'm able to knock it out of his hand, elbowing him in the stomach and freeing myself from his hold.

However, I feel something hard hit me in the back of the head 'causing me to fall to the ground and everything goes dark a second later.